Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: mvebu: cache-l2x0 DT for v3.7

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date Sept. 30, 2012, 1:50 a.m.
Message ID <20120930015012.GB17765@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/188144/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git mvebu/cache-l2x0

Comments

Jason - Sept. 30, 2012, 1:50 a.m.
Depends:
 - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
 - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
    - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
    - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
    - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl

    - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
      should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
      won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
      isn't there.

Adds:
 - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs

The following changes since commit 46f2007c1efadfa4071c17e75f140c47f09293de:

  ARM: mvebu: fix build breaks from multi-platform conversion (2012-09-28 22:27:07 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git mvebu/cache-l2x0

Gregory CLEMENT (3):
      arm: mvebu: add L2 cache support
      arm: mvebu: add Aurora L2 Cache Controller to the DT
      arm: l2x0: add aurora related properties to OF binding

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/l2cc.txt |    9 +++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-370.dtsi              |    6 ++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp.dtsi               |    7 +++++++
 arch/arm/mach-mvebu/Kconfig                    |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-mvebu/irq-armada-370-xp.c        |    4 ++++
 5 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson - Sept. 30, 2012, 3:55 a.m.
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:50:12PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Depends:
>  - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
>  - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
>     - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
>     - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
>     - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl
> 
>     - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
>       should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
>       won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
>       isn't there.
> 
> Adds:
>  - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs

Hi Jason,

I'd prefer to hold off on this until we know that Russell is happy with
the l2x0 changes, just in case this part of the series might need revising
(i.e.  bindings changes). Please resend when he has picked them up!


Thanks,

-Olof
Russell King - ARM Linux - Sept. 30, 2012, 8:01 a.m.
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:55:03PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:50:12PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Depends:
> >  - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
> >  - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl
> > 
> >     - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
> >       should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
> >       won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
> >       isn't there.
> > 
> > Adds:
> >  - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs
> 
> Hi Jason,
> 
> I'd prefer to hold off on this until we know that Russell is happy with
> the l2x0 changes, just in case this part of the series might need revising
> (i.e.  bindings changes). Please resend when he has picked them up!

Well, there's no patches ever existing in the patch tracker with a
summary line as you list above - here are the last three containing
"l2x0":

   7398/1  l2x0: only write to debug         3.4-rc3       20 Apr Applied 
           registers on PL310                              2012 
   7429/1  cache-l2x0: add a const qualifier 3.4           22 Jun Discarded 
                                                           2012 
   7507/1  cache-l2x0.c: save the final aux  3.6-rc4       03 Sep Applied 
           ctrl value for resuming                         2012 

and it's probably now too late as I'm not going to be able to apply
any patches for the rest of the week, and as the -rc's have been
released over the weekend, we could see -final today.
Jason - Oct. 1, 2012, 12:02 a.m.
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:55:03PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:50:12PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Depends:
> >  - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
> >  - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
> >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl
> > 
> >     - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
> >       should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
> >       won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
> >       isn't there.
> > 
> > Adds:
> >  - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs
> 
> I'd prefer to hold off on this until we know that Russell is happy with
> the l2x0 changes, just in case this part of the series might need revising
> (i.e.  bindings changes). Please resend when he has picked them up!

Will do.  These are on ice.

thx,

Jason.
Jason - Oct. 1, 2012, 12:06 a.m.
Russell,

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:01:36AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:55:03PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:50:12PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > > Depends:
> > >  - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
> > >  - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
> > >     - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
> > >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
> > >     - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl
> > > 
> > >     - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
> > >       should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
> > >       won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
> > >       isn't there.
> > > 
> > > Adds:
> > >  - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs
> > 
> > Hi Jason,
> > 
> > I'd prefer to hold off on this until we know that Russell is happy with
> > the l2x0 changes, just in case this part of the series might need revising
> > (i.e.  bindings changes). Please resend when he has picked them up!
> 
> Well, there's no patches ever existing in the patch tracker with a
> summary line as you list above - here are the last three containing
> "l2x0":
> 
>    7398/1  l2x0: only write to debug         3.4-rc3       20 Apr Applied 
>            registers on PL310                              2012 
>    7429/1  cache-l2x0: add a const qualifier 3.4           22 Jun Discarded 
>                                                            2012 
>    7507/1  cache-l2x0.c: save the final aux  3.6-rc4       03 Sep Applied 
>            ctrl value for resuming                         2012 
> 
> and it's probably now too late as I'm not going to be able to apply
> any patches for the rest of the week, and as the -rc's have been
> released over the weekend, we could see -final today.

Yes, I responded to Gregory (the author) in the thread with the patches
asking him to push them into your tracker.   Unfortunately, he doesn't
seem to be available.  So, yes, this is v3.8.

Once I see these first three patches make it in, I'll resubmit the
pullrq.

thx,

Jason.
Gregory CLEMENT - Oct. 1, 2012, 10:23 a.m.
On 10/01/2012 02:06 AM, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Russell,
> 
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:01:36AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 08:55:03PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
>>> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:50:12PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
>>>> Depends:
>>>>  - Based on arm-soc/late/kirkwood
>>>>  - Patches going through rmk's patch tracker:
>>>>     - arm: cache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
>>>>     - arm: cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
>>>>     - arm: cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl
>>>>
>>>>     - feature-use dependency only.  No build breakage or failed boot
>>>>       should occur.  Until patches from rmk's tracker land, driver
>>>>       won't know about compatible property, so it's like the driver
>>>>       isn't there.
>>>>
>>>> Adds:
>>>>  - cache-l2x0 DT entry for Marvell Armada (mvebu) SoCs
>>>
>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> I'd prefer to hold off on this until we know that Russell is happy with
>>> the l2x0 changes, just in case this part of the series might need revising
>>> (i.e.  bindings changes). Please resend when he has picked them up!
>>
>> Well, there's no patches ever existing in the patch tracker with a
>> summary line as you list above - here are the last three containing
>> "l2x0":
>>
>>    7398/1  l2x0: only write to debug         3.4-rc3       20 Apr Applied 
>>            registers on PL310                              2012 
>>    7429/1  cache-l2x0: add a const qualifier 3.4           22 Jun Discarded 
>>                                                            2012 
>>    7507/1  cache-l2x0.c: save the final aux  3.6-rc4       03 Sep Applied 
>>            ctrl value for resuming                         2012 
>>
>> and it's probably now too late as I'm not going to be able to apply
>> any patches for the rest of the week, and as the -rc's have been
>> released over the weekend, we could see -final today.
> 
> Yes, I responded to Gregory (the author) in the thread with the patches
> asking him to push them into your tracker.   Unfortunately, he doesn't
> seem to be available.  So, yes, this is v3.8.

They are now in the patch tracker:

7545/1  ache-l2x0: make outer_cache_fns a field of l2x0_of_data
7546/1  cache-l2x0: add an optional register to save/restore
7547/1  cache-l2x0: add support for Aurora L2 cache ctrl


> 
> Once I see these first three patches make it in, I'll resubmit the
> pullrq.
> 
> thx,
> 
> Jason.
>