Patchwork [PULL,00/14] usb patch queue

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Gerd Hoffmann
Date Sept. 13, 2012, 8:39 a.m.
Message ID <1347525600-28220-1-git-send-email-kraxel@redhat.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/183569/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kraxel.org/qemu usb.65

Comments

Gerd Hoffmann - Sept. 13, 2012, 8:39 a.m.
Hi,

Here comes the usb patch queue, featuring life migration support for
usb network redirection and the usual share of bugfixes ;)

please pull,
  Gerd

The following changes since commit e0a1e32dbc41e6b2aabb436a9417dfd32177a3dc:

  Merge branch 'usb.64' of git://git.kraxel.org/qemu (2012-09-11 18:06:56 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kraxel.org/qemu usb.65

Aurelien Jarno (1):
      configure: usbredir fixes

Gerd Hoffmann (2):
      usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket
      ehci: switch to new-style memory ops

Hans de Goede (11):
      ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8
      ehci: Don't process too much frames in 1 timer tick (v2)
      ehci: Don't set seen to 0 when removing unseen queue-heads
      ehci: Walk async schedule before and after migration
      usb-redir: Change cancelled packet code into a generic packet-id queue
      usb-redir: Add an already_in_flight packet-id queue
      usb-redir: Store max_packet_size in endp_data
      usb-redir: Add support for migration
      usb-redir: Add chardev open / close debug logging
      usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
      uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set

 configure           |    2 +-
 hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c   |  241 +++++++++++++++----------
 hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c   |    5 +-
 hw/usb/host-linux.c |    2 +-
 hw/usb/redirect.c   |  504 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 trace-events        |    9 +-
 6 files changed, 625 insertions(+), 138 deletions(-)
Michael Tokarev - Sept. 14, 2012, 7:59 a.m.
On 13.09.2012 12:39, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
> 
> Here comes the usb patch queue, featuring life migration support for
> usb network redirection and the usual share of bugfixes ;)

Are any of the bugfixes worth to apply to previous or new -stable
series?  I know usbredir configure fix is needed, anything else?

Thanks,

/mjt

> Aurelien Jarno (1):
>       configure: usbredir fixes
> 
> Gerd Hoffmann (2):
>       usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket
>       ehci: switch to new-style memory ops
> 
> Hans de Goede (11):
>       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8
>       ehci: Don't process too much frames in 1 timer tick (v2)
>       ehci: Don't set seen to 0 when removing unseen queue-heads
>       ehci: Walk async schedule before and after migration
>       usb-redir: Change cancelled packet code into a generic packet-id queue
>       usb-redir: Add an already_in_flight packet-id queue
>       usb-redir: Store max_packet_size in endp_data
>       usb-redir: Add support for migration
>       usb-redir: Add chardev open / close debug logging
>       usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
>       uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set
Gerd Hoffmann - Sept. 14, 2012, 8:27 a.m.
> Are any of the bugfixes worth to apply to previous or new -stable
> series?  I know usbredir configure fix is needed, anything else?

>> Gerd Hoffmann (2):
>>       usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket

This.

>>       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8

This.

>>       usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
>>       uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set

And these two.

I think the other ehci bugfixes are mostly needed for usbredir
migration, so I'd leave them out for stable.  Hans?

cheers,
  Gerd
Hans de Goede - Sept. 14, 2012, 3:21 p.m.
Hi,

On 09/14/2012 10:27 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> Are any of the bugfixes worth to apply to previous or new -stable
>> series?  I know usbredir configure fix is needed, anything else?
>
>>> Gerd Hoffmann (2):
>>>        usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket
>
> This.
>
>>>        ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8
>
> This.
>
>>>        usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
>>>        uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set
>
> And these two.
>
> I think the other ehci bugfixes are mostly needed for usbredir
> migration, so I'd leave them out for stable.  Hans?

I would consider these stable candidates too:

1)       ehci: Don't set seen to 0 when removing unseen queue-heads
2)       ehci: Don't process too much frames in 1 timer tick (v2)
3)       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8

1) Fixes us canceling packets we should not cancel when we hit a high timer
latency directly after the doorbell
2) Fixes streaming isoc data failing with "failed to resubmit urb (-27) errors
in dmesg in the guest with Linux guests, this bug has existed for ages, but
migration triggered it almost always, making me look into it
3) Is an obvious bugfix in itself, I'm not sure there are any guests hitting this,
but the fix is so trivial it cannot hurt.

Regards,

Hans
Aurelien Jarno - Sept. 21, 2012, 6:17 p.m.
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:39:46AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
> 
> Here comes the usb patch queue, featuring life migration support for
> usb network redirection and the usual share of bugfixes ;)
> 
> please pull,
>   Gerd
> 
> The following changes since commit e0a1e32dbc41e6b2aabb436a9417dfd32177a3dc:
> 
>   Merge branch 'usb.64' of git://git.kraxel.org/qemu (2012-09-11 18:06:56 +0200)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kraxel.org/qemu usb.65
> 
> Aurelien Jarno (1):
>       configure: usbredir fixes
> 
> Gerd Hoffmann (2):
>       usb-host: allow emulated (non-async) control requests without USBPacket
>       ehci: switch to new-style memory ops
> 
> Hans de Goede (11):
>       ehci: Fix interrupts stopping when Interrupt Threshold Control is 8
>       ehci: Don't process too much frames in 1 timer tick (v2)
>       ehci: Don't set seen to 0 when removing unseen queue-heads
>       ehci: Walk async schedule before and after migration
>       usb-redir: Change cancelled packet code into a generic packet-id queue
>       usb-redir: Add an already_in_flight packet-id queue
>       usb-redir: Store max_packet_size in endp_data
>       usb-redir: Add support for migration
>       usb-redir: Add chardev open / close debug logging
>       usb-redir: Revert usb-redir part of commit 93bfef4c
>       uhci: Don't queue up packets after one with the SPD flag set
> 
>  configure           |    2 +-
>  hw/usb/hcd-ehci.c   |  241 +++++++++++++++----------
>  hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c   |    5 +-
>  hw/usb/host-linux.c |    2 +-
>  hw/usb/redirect.c   |  504 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
>  trace-events        |    9 +-
>  6 files changed, 625 insertions(+), 138 deletions(-)
> 

Looks like this one have been forgotten, so I have pulled it.