Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PRCM/hwmod: some fixes for 3.6-rc

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Paul Walmsley
Date Sept. 5, 2012, 4:15 p.m.
Message ID <alpine.DEB.2.00.1209051613580.11516@utopia.booyaka.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/181897/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git tags/omap-fixes-a-for-3.6rc

Comments

Paul Walmsley - Sept. 5, 2012, 4:15 p.m.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi Tony,

The following changes since commit 4cbe5a555fa58a79b6ecbb6c531b8bab0650778d:

  Linux 3.6-rc4 (2012-09-01 10:39:58 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git tags/omap-fixes-a-for-3.6rc

for you to fetch changes up to 8a94febc21743fe121bdaf1d1470d98b1135acc2:

  Merge branches 'clkdev_fixes_3.6rc', 'clkdm_fixes_3.6rc' and 'hwmod_data_fixes_a_3.6rc' into omap_fixes_a_3.6rc (2012-09-03 11:52:02 -0600)

- ----------------------------------------------------------------

Some hwmod, clockdomain, am335x fixes against v3.6-rc4.

Test logs can be found here:

   http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/omap_fixes_a_3.6rc/20120904110254/

- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Misael Lopez Cruz (1):
      ARM: OMAP: hwmod code: Disable module when hwmod enable fails

Paul Walmsley (2):
      ARM: OMAP3xxx: clockdomain: fix software supervised wakeup/sleep
      Merge branches 'clkdev_fixes_3.6rc', 'clkdm_fixes_3.6rc' and 'hwmod_data_fixes_a_3.6rc' into omap_fixes_a_3.6rc

Tero Kristo (2):
      ARM: OMAP3: hwmod data: fix iva2 reset info
      ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: temporarily comment out data for the sl2if IP block

Vaibhav Hiremath (1):
      ARM: OMAP2+: am33xx: Fix the timer fck clock naming convention

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock33xx_data.c       |   14 ++++----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomain2xxx_3xxx.c |   50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm-regbits-34xx.h      |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c           |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c |   15 +++++++--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c |   12 +++----
 6 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
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=wc/t
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Tony Lindgren - Sept. 5, 2012, 5:49 p.m.
* Paul Walmsley <paul@pwsan.com> [120905 09:16]:
> Hi Tony,
> 
> The following changes since commit 4cbe5a555fa58a79b6ecbb6c531b8bab0650778d:
> 
>   Linux 3.6-rc4 (2012-09-01 10:39:58 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git tags/omap-fixes-a-for-3.6rc
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 8a94febc21743fe121bdaf1d1470d98b1135acc2:
> 
>   Merge branches 'clkdev_fixes_3.6rc', 'clkdm_fixes_3.6rc' and 'hwmod_data_fixes_a_3.6rc' into omap_fixes_a_3.6rc (2012-09-03 11:52:02 -0600)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Some hwmod, clockdomain, am335x fixes against v3.6-rc4.
> 
> Test logs can be found here:
> 
>    http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/omap_fixes_a_3.6rc/20120904110254/
> 

Thanks pulled into fixes.

Tony
hvaibhav@ti.com - Sept. 7, 2012, 5:09 a.m.
On 9/5/2012 9:45 PM, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi Tony,
> 
> The following changes since commit 4cbe5a555fa58a79b6ecbb6c531b8bab0650778d:
> 
>   Linux 3.6-rc4 (2012-09-01 10:39:58 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git tags/omap-fixes-a-for-3.6rc
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 8a94febc21743fe121bdaf1d1470d98b1135acc2:
> 
>   Merge branches 'clkdev_fixes_3.6rc', 'clkdm_fixes_3.6rc' and 'hwmod_data_fixes_a_3.6rc' into omap_fixes_a_3.6rc (2012-09-03 11:52:02 -0600)
> 

Paul,

Isn't below patch good for -rc candidate (so as part of this 'fixes')?

ARM: OMAP2+: dpll: Add missing soc_is_am33xx() check for common functions

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1371611/


Thanks,
Vaibhav

> - ----------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Some hwmod, clockdomain, am335x fixes against v3.6-rc4.
> 
> Test logs can be found here:
> 
>    http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/omap_fixes_a_3.6rc/20120904110254/
> 
> - ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Misael Lopez Cruz (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: hwmod code: Disable module when hwmod enable fails
> 
> Paul Walmsley (2):
>       ARM: OMAP3xxx: clockdomain: fix software supervised wakeup/sleep
>       Merge branches 'clkdev_fixes_3.6rc', 'clkdm_fixes_3.6rc' and 'hwmod_data_fixes_a_3.6rc' into omap_fixes_a_3.6rc
> 
> Tero Kristo (2):
>       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod data: fix iva2 reset info
>       ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: temporarily comment out data for the sl2if IP block
> 
> Vaibhav Hiremath (1):
>       ARM: OMAP2+: am33xx: Fix the timer fck clock naming convention
> 
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock33xx_data.c       |   14 ++++----
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clockdomain2xxx_3xxx.c |   50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/cm-regbits-34xx.h      |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c           |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c |   15 +++++++--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c |   12 +++----
>  6 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
> 
> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJQR3ooAAoJEMePsQ0LvSpLQ94P/1DzifcEU/R0YFLZF+20XPd5
> hOrUk2EWn7SlPAxZJMG1K+In7EZ3K4r7IYaROIbwUWJTO/hQdx6zwyAOec/qnutV
> WYRnQ+KN+x7gd8EYZPnS1voiqeH0SnP/wI2ri9UcMTV+tpAtO6ibD10iAUmBxSfX
> x9HaYb65cYA+ulMsQXX2g1oejV2+4eR+fWWI0+bGfOxIHPGQcEhSGSvNkDs9W/bE
> QfBKmTWeizx2jlRlXBG8pxV8MtEIDtwRZitcgTnyStw8LMqR/YnCOLIRoU2OHVcP
> UtQwIxtNqGaoqm3i6IXGM1BLI4ZT/EN0kr+1LZVl1WoFqL1tDrn39dSvSVfxfGje
> CjhkTk9XVzbV4GV+1yTt6JlfD3AimLwYqihKDs21a2OleAsQAu8a+gftsJtSp8Xu
> fscJcjr1c5JKyjE5CzbH7mbDgX+LTveZV3b6pT1m599UidP/NZ4yzUYrmkTmoSkk
> JdqQlTgahLxjBoBBDfNhavuCzA4cYNh6q0Pt6GhmWc1ZC7aR3+7xU4wUNXAvbKoe
> mUksJmjROwk4MlswLqpIkgt8iiEGa2LzHcyL7eVD2+oCun0FFlolqa1R3gTF9x8y
> Hr8iNv4b0OeX55oSZ53ijIDY4WwgmBVvnVjiWEiAkBuwqsghRLii5eemX572szGU
> lTSzo95e8x7kAaO6moNI
> =wc/t
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> 
> _______________________________________________
> linux-arm-kernel mailing list
> linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel
>
Paul Walmsley - Sept. 12, 2012, 4:05 p.m.
On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Vaibhav Hiremath wrote:

> Isn't below patch good for -rc candidate (so as part of this 'fixes')?
> 
> ARM: OMAP2+: dpll: Add missing soc_is_am33xx() check for common functions
> 
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1371611/

It was queued for 3.7 because it didn't seem critical, since mainline 
wasn't booting anyway on AM33xx without the hwmod data.  Just sent the 
pull request for it:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134746561028888&w=2



- Paul
hvaibhav@ti.com - Sept. 12, 2012, 4:10 p.m.
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 21:35:04, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Vaibhav Hiremath wrote:
> 
> > Isn't below patch good for -rc candidate (so as part of this 'fixes')?
> > 
> > ARM: OMAP2+: dpll: Add missing soc_is_am33xx() check for common functions
> > 
> > https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/1371611/
> 
> It was queued for 3.7 because it didn't seem critical, since mainline 
> wasn't booting anyway on AM33xx without the hwmod data.  Just sent the 
> pull request for it:
> 
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134746561028888&w=2
> 

Thanks Paul, 
Just for my understanding, is this pull request you created based on 
l-o/master? Or other baseline?
Just wanted to be sure that it complete and we do not have any residual 
issues due to baseline differences.

Thanks,
Vaibhav
> 
> 
> - Paul
>
Paul Walmsley - Sept. 12, 2012, 8:14 p.m.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 21:35:04, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>  
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134746561028888&w=2
> 
> Just for my understanding, is this pull request you created based on 
> l-o/master? Or other baseline?

That information is in the pull request message:

--------------

The following changes since commit 55d512e245bc7699a8800e23df1a24195dd08217:

  Linux 3.6-rc5 (2012-09-08 16:43:45 -0700)

--------------

You can also look at the log or shortlog on the kernel.org gitweb:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/omap-devel-a-for-3.7


- Paul
hvaibhav@ti.com - Sept. 12, 2012, 9:15 p.m.
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 01:44:33, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
> 
> > On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 21:35:04, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> >  
> > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134746561028888&w=2
> > 
> > Just for my understanding, is this pull request you created based on 
> > l-o/master? Or other baseline?
> 
> That information is in the pull request message:
> 
> --------------
> 
> The following changes since commit 55d512e245bc7699a8800e23df1a24195dd08217:
> 
>   Linux 3.6-rc5 (2012-09-08 16:43:45 -0700)
> 

I saw your pull request after your response; somehow, I received email bit 
late.

> --------------
> 
> You can also look at the log or shortlog on the kernel.org gitweb:
> 
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/pjw/omap-pending.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/omap-devel-a-for-3.7
> 

Paul,
I was so excited and desperate to see this pull request and see BeagleBone 
finally booting directly from v3.7 tag, and I didn't want to put any risk to 
this, so I started testing with

Linux-next/master : everything looks fine (with one minor change). Bone just 
simply booted up. 
Linux-omap/master : Was not booting, and getting stuck at " Calibrating 
delay loop...", leading to problem with interrupts.

So I couldn't stop myself till tomorrow and started debugging on this and 
found that, the failure is happening due to recent SPARSE_IRQ migration by 
the commit - 
9ddebc69b2 (ARM: OMAP2+: Remove hardcoded IRQs and enable SPARSE_IRQ)


It was certainly worth staying late in office today :)

Issue is pretty trivial and I have fixed this issue, below is the patch - 
I guess you have to give another pull request for this. I am sending the 
patches just immediately after this email.


>From 0dcebc312050248f432103d70e2457eb135fb5bb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Vaibhav Hiremath <hvaibhav@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 02:06:52 +0530
Subject: [PATCH 0/2] ARM: AM33XX: hwmod: Minor fixes for v3.7

Today Paul had given pull request for AM33XX hwmod data and related
patches, and I wanted to make sure that things are working fine
irrespective of merge window changes coming in. I without adding any
further delay I tried the pull request on linux-next/master (-rc6)
linux-omap/master (-rc4 + omap merges) and found that hwmod needs
minor changes required for both, build and to boot.

[1/2]: With recent mainline changes on gpio and mcspi drivers,
       platform specific header files (plat/gpio.h and plat/mcspi.h)
       have been removed, which results into build failure.
       Observed on linux-next/master checkout.

[2/2]: With recent migration of omap architectures to SPARSE_IRQ
       framework, it is important to add OMAP_INTC_START to all interrupt
       numbers which will be eventually requested by drivers.
       Observed on linux-omap/master checkout.

Both the patches have been varified for,
     - Build Test (omap2plus_defconfig)
     - Boot tested on Bone
     - Sparse check pass

Paul,
Request to review these patches and give another pull request for this.

Vaibhav Hiremath (2):
  ARM: AM33XX: hwmod: Remove platform specific header files
  ARM: AM33XX: hwmod: Add OMAP_INTC_START offset to all module int nos

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_33xx_data.c |  174 ++++++++++++++--------------
 1 files changed, 88 insertions(+), 86 deletions(-)