@@ -604,15 +604,8 @@ IP Variables:
ip_local_port_range - 2 INTEGERS
Defines the local port range that is used by TCP and UDP to
choose the local port. The first number is the first, the
- second the last local port number. Default value depends on
- amount of memory available on the system:
- > 128Mb 32768-61000
- < 128Mb 1024-4999 or even less.
- This number defines number of active connections, which this
- system can issue simultaneously to systems not supporting
- TCP extensions (timestamps). With tcp_tw_recycle enabled
- (i.e. by default) range 1024-4999 is enough to issue up to
- 2000 connections per second to systems supporting timestamps.
+ second the last local port number. The default values are
+ 32768 and 61000 respectively.
ip_local_reserved_ports - list of comma separated ranges
Specify the ports which are reserved for known third-party