[GIT,PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PM: core support for SMPS regulators for v3.4

Submitted by Kevin Hilman on March 12, 2012, 11:28 p.m.

Details

Message ID 87pqchv1pc.fsf@ti.com
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator

Commit Message

Kevin Hilman March 12, 2012, 11:28 p.m.
Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:26:53AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
>> Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:
>
>> > The branch itself is essentially stable but I'm not enthused about the
>> > idea of merging the whole thing via the OMAP tree.  
>
>> Right, I wasn't suggesting we merge it via OMAP tree.   I was just
>> looking for a stable point we could use as s dependency when merging
>> everything together for the arm-soc tree.
>
> Well, if you don't base the OMAP changes that depend on it off the
> regulator changes then you'll break bisection as you'll have a bunch of
> commits which won't have all their dependencies present on a branch
> (since they're not present in the branch point and aren't otherwise
> merged in), if bisect goes down that branch it'll be miserable.  That
> seems bad and while I've not run into it with OMAP in particular it's
> rather painful when it does happen.
>
> It's much better if the branch has the required changes merged into it
> prior to their being used.

OK.

Tony, updated pull request below.  This includes all the TWL depencies
merged from the 'topic/twl' tag in Mark's tree.

Kevin


The following changes since commit b01543dfe67bb1d191998e90d20534dc354de059:

  Linux 3.3-rc4 (2012-02-18 15:53:33 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator

for you to fetch changes up to 39358f2b57f37fe079eff4159307c844a0bfb176:

  Merge branch 'pm-wip/smps-regulator' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator (2012-03-12 15:36:45 -0700)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Hilman (3):
      ARM: OMAP2+: voltage: ensure voltage used is exact voltage from OPP table
      Merge tag 'topic/twl' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator
      Merge branch 'pm-wip/smps-regulator' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator

Laxman Dewangan (1):
      regulator: twl6030: Fix voltage selection logic

Peter Ujfalusi (2):
      regulator: twl-regulator: Add fixed LDO for V1V8, V2V1 supply
      mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS

Rajendra Nayak (1):
      regulator: twl: adapt twl-regulator driver to dt

Tero Kristo (6):
      arm: omap3: voltage: fix channel configuration
      arm: omap3: add common twl configurations for vdd1 and vdd2
      arm: omap3: twl: add external controllers for core voltage regulators
      arm: omap4: add common twl configurations for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3
      regulator: twl4030: add support for external voltage get/set
      regulator: twl6030: add support for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3 regulators

 .../bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt           |   68 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/twl-common.c                   |  147 +++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/vc3xxx_data.c                  |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/voltage.c                      |   21 +-
 drivers/mfd/twl-core.c                             |   41 ++-
 drivers/regulator/twl-regulator.c                  |  327 +++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/i2c/twl.h                            |   14 +-
 7 files changed, 532 insertions(+), 87 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt

Comments

Grazvydas Ignotas March 27, 2012, 1:57 p.m.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Kevin Hilman <khilman@ti.com> wrote:
> Tony, updated pull request below.  This includes all the TWL depencies
> merged from the 'topic/twl' tag in Mark's tree.
>

Has this been lost now? It seems regulator parts got merged, but
voltage parts are missing from Arnd's pull requests and are not
showing up in linux-next.
Was looking forward for voltage control in 3.4 to achieve higher clock
rates on our aging OMAP3 hardware.

>
> The following changes since commit b01543dfe67bb1d191998e90d20534dc354de059:
>
>  Linux 3.3-rc4 (2012-02-18 15:53:33 -0800)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/khilman/linux-omap-pm.git for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator
>
> for you to fetch changes up to 39358f2b57f37fe079eff4159307c844a0bfb176:
>
>  Merge branch 'pm-wip/smps-regulator' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator (2012-03-12 15:36:45 -0700)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Kevin Hilman (3):
>      ARM: OMAP2+: voltage: ensure voltage used is exact voltage from OPP table
>      Merge tag 'topic/twl' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator
>      Merge branch 'pm-wip/smps-regulator' into for_3.4/pm/smps-regulator
>
> Laxman Dewangan (1):
>      regulator: twl6030: Fix voltage selection logic
>
> Peter Ujfalusi (2):
>      regulator: twl-regulator: Add fixed LDO for V1V8, V2V1 supply
>      mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS
>
> Rajendra Nayak (1):
>      regulator: twl: adapt twl-regulator driver to dt
>
> Tero Kristo (6):
>      arm: omap3: voltage: fix channel configuration
>      arm: omap3: add common twl configurations for vdd1 and vdd2
>      arm: omap3: twl: add external controllers for core voltage regulators
>      arm: omap4: add common twl configurations for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3
>      regulator: twl4030: add support for external voltage get/set
>      regulator: twl6030: add support for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3 regulators
>
>  .../bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt           |   68 ++++
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/twl-common.c                   |  147 +++++++++
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/vc3xxx_data.c                  |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/voltage.c                      |   21 +-
>  drivers/mfd/twl-core.c                             |   41 ++-
>  drivers/regulator/twl-regulator.c                  |  327 +++++++++++++++-----
>  include/linux/i2c/twl.h                            |   14 +-
>  7 files changed, 532 insertions(+), 87 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-omap" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html


--
Gražvydas
Tony Lindgren March 27, 2012, 5:04 p.m.
* Grazvydas Ignotas <notasas@gmail.com> [120327 07:00]:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Kevin Hilman <khilman@ti.com> wrote:
> > Tony, updated pull request below.  This includes all the TWL depencies
> > merged from the 'topic/twl' tag in Mark's tree.
> >
> 
> Has this been lost now? It seems regulator parts got merged, but
> voltage parts are missing from Arnd's pull requests and are not
> showing up in linux-next.
> Was looking forward for voltage control in 3.4 to achieve higher clock
> rates on our aging OMAP3 hardware.

Sounds like this is something we should get merged early to arm-soc
tree after the merge window.

Regards,

Tony
Kevin Hilman March 27, 2012, 5:49 p.m.
Grazvydas Ignotas <notasas@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Kevin Hilman <khilman@ti.com> wrote:
>> Tony, updated pull request below.  This includes all the TWL depencies
>> merged from the 'topic/twl' tag in Mark's tree.
>>
>
> Has this been lost now? It seems regulator parts got merged, but
> voltage parts are missing from Arnd's pull requests and are not
> showing up in linux-next.

Not lost, just delayed.   Due to problems in working out the
dependencies with the regulator core, this pull request was too late to
make it for v3.4.

Kevin
Tony Lindgren April 3, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
* Kevin Hilman <khilman@ti.com> [120312 16:30]:
> Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:
> 
> > On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 10:26:53AM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> >> Mark Brown <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:
> >
> >> > The branch itself is essentially stable but I'm not enthused about the
> >> > idea of merging the whole thing via the OMAP tree.  
> >
> >> Right, I wasn't suggesting we merge it via OMAP tree.   I was just
> >> looking for a stable point we could use as s dependency when merging
> >> everything together for the arm-soc tree.
> >
> > Well, if you don't base the OMAP changes that depend on it off the
> > regulator changes then you'll break bisection as you'll have a bunch of
> > commits which won't have all their dependencies present on a branch
> > (since they're not present in the branch point and aren't otherwise
> > merged in), if bisect goes down that branch it'll be miserable.  That
> > seems bad and while I've not run into it with OMAP in particular it's
> > rather painful when it does happen.
> >
> > It's much better if the branch has the required changes merged into it
> > prior to their being used.
> 
> OK.
> 
> Tony, updated pull request below.  This includes all the TWL depencies
> merged from the 'topic/twl' tag in Mark's tree.

Pulled in this into pm-regulator branch finally.

Tony