Patchwork [GIT,PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod data: cleanup in preparation for link array removal

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Paul Walmsley
Date March 8, 2012, 4:06 a.m.
Message ID <alpine.DEB.2.00.1203072102150.21662@utopia.booyaka.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/145447/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 hwmod_data_cleanup_3.4

Comments

Paul Walmsley - March 8, 2012, 4:06 a.m.
Hi Tony

The following changes since commit b8a633451951d149494076393698880453bf6bfe:

  ARM: OMAP: hwmod: add softreset delay field and OMAP4 data (2012-02-28 03:46:31 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 hwmod_data_cleanup_3.4

for you to fetch changes up to a2d4b88dd32b02e8b5088e0d64b3c102c0852210:

  ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: extend OCP_* register offsets from 16 to 32 bits (2012-02-28 03:49:34 -0700)

(This branch is based on the 'hwmod_code_cleanup_3.4' branch, pull req 
sent previously)


- Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Walmsley (9):
      ARM: OMAP2/3: hwmod data: update old names
      ARM: OMAP3: hwmod data: fix interfaces for the MMC hwmods
      ARM: OMAP3: hwmod data: add DSS->L3 interconnect for 3430ES1
      ARM: OMAP3: hwmod data: GPTIMER12 is attached to a separate interconnect
      ARM: OMAP36xx: hwmod data: fix SmartReflex interface data
      ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: remove bandgap hwmod
      ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: add OCP_USER_DSP; mark omap44xx_dsp__iva appropriately
      ARM: OMAP4: hwmod data: uncomment some "excluded" hwmods
      ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: extend OCP_* register offsets from 16 to 32 bits

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2420_data.c   |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2430_data.c   |    6 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c   |  137 ++++++++++++++++++++------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c   |   39 +-------
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_hwmod.h |    7 +-
 5 files changed, 121 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)
Paul Walmsley - March 9, 2012, 1:57 a.m.
Hi

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Got these now merged into l-o master, but ran into a merge
> conflict with already queued sr branch. Resolved it by using
> your version except left out vdd_name.

Definitely we want the vdd_name fields.  Other than that it looks okay.  

> As the namings have changed for smartreflex, now I suspect it's broken 
> for the interrupts..

Hmm, not sure I understand that part?  AFAIK the SmartReflex code doesn't 
rely on hwmod names.  Or are you talking about the vdd_name?


- Paul
Paul Walmsley - March 9, 2012, 2:04 a.m.
Hi

on second thought...

On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Paul Walmsley wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> 
> > Got these now merged into l-o master, but ran into a merge
> > conflict with already queued sr branch. Resolved it by using
> > your version except left out vdd_name.
> 
> Definitely we want the vdd_name fields.  Other than that it looks okay.  

I guess that other SR series that you merged removed the vdd_name fields?

If so then yeah, we'd better leave those out.

This means that I'm going to have to rebase those big hwmod data changes 
:-(

Can you send me a stable commit for that?


- Paul
Tony Lindgren - March 9, 2012, 2:16 a.m.
* Paul Walmsley <paul@pwsan.com> [120308 18:07]:
> Hi
> 
> on second thought...
> 
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> 
> > On Thu, 8 Mar 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > > Got these now merged into l-o master, but ran into a merge
> > > conflict with already queued sr branch. Resolved it by using
> > > your version except left out vdd_name.
> > 
> > Definitely we want the vdd_name fields.  Other than that it looks okay.  
> 
> I guess that other SR series that you merged removed the vdd_name fields?

So it seems, commit cea6b942124683305280962969599fed36f0ea7e. Then
the interrupts we added there for smartreflex it seems.
 
> If so then yeah, we'd better leave those out.
> 
> This means that I'm going to have to rebase those big hwmod data changes 
> :-(
> 
> Can you send me a stable commit for that?

Bummer :( What we already have queued is the sr branch at commit
bb887688bccb48d94fa873f0f6cc7e7e3e4dc05e.

Regards,

Tony