Patchwork [GIT,PULL,v4] ARM: kirkwood: fdt conversion progress

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jason
Date March 7, 2012, 10:10 p.m.
Message ID <20120307221012.GH5050@titan.lakedaemon.net>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/145366/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt

Comments

Jason - March 7, 2012, 10:10 p.m.
The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:

  Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt

---
Arnd,

My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
everyone agrees on it yet.

thx,

Jason.

Andrew Lunn (2):
      ARM: orion: spi: remove enable_clock_fix which is not used
      ARM: Kirkwood: Remove tclk from kirkwood_asoc_platform_data.

Jason Cooper (10):
      ARM: kirkwood: add dreamplug (fdt) support.
      ARM: kirkwood: convert uart0 to devicetree.
      ARM: kirkwood: fdt: use mrvl ticker symbol
      ARM: kirkwood: fdt: absorb kirkwood_init()
      ARM: kirkwood: add interrupt controller to devicetree.
      ARM: kirkwood: rtc-mv devicetree bindings
      ARM: kirkwood: use devicetree for rtc-mv
      ARM: kirkwood: mv_cesa devicetree support.
      ARM: kirkwood: use devicetree for orion-ehci
      ARM: kirkwood: use devicetree to init sata_mv

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD (1):
      of: add dma-mask binding

Michael Walle (3):
      ARM: kirkwood: mv_cesa devicetree bindings
      ARM: kirkwood: ehci-orion: add device tree binding
      ARM: kirkwood: sata_mv: add device tree binding

 .../devicetree/bindings/crypto/mv_cesa.txt         |   18 ++
 .../devicetree/bindings/usb/ehci-orion.txt         |    5 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-dreamplug.dts           |   41 ++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood.dtsi                    |   26 +++
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Kconfig                     |   14 ++
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Makefile                    |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/Makefile.boot               |    2 +
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/board-dt.c                  |  206 ++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/common.c                    |   41 ++++-
 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/common.h                    |    6 +
 arch/arm/plat-orion/include/plat/audio.h           |    1 -
 drivers/ata/sata_mv.c                              |   18 ++-
 drivers/crypto/mv_cesa.c                           |   13 ++
 drivers/of/platform.c                              |   26 +++-
 drivers/rtc/rtc-mv.c                               |    9 +
 drivers/spi/spi-orion.c                            |    5 -
 drivers/usb/host/ehci-orion.c                      |   50 +++++-
 include/linux/spi/orion_spi.h                      |    1 -
 18 files changed, 464 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/crypto/mv_cesa.txt
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/ehci-orion.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood-dreamplug.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/boot/dts/kirkwood.dtsi
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-kirkwood/board-dt.c
Arnd Bergmann - March 8, 2012, 4:10 p.m.
On Wednesday 07 March 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
> The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:
> 
>   Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt
> 
> ---
> Arnd,
> 
> My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
> outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
> everyone agrees on it yet.
> 

Right now, Olof is handling the pull requests. I would suggest that he
can use your branch to replace the current staging branch but still keep
it in staging until everyone agrees or you replace it with a better version.

	Arnd
Jason - March 8, 2012, 4:27 p.m.
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:10:21PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:
> > 
> >   Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt
> > 
> > ---
> > Arnd,
> > 
> > My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
> > outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
> > everyone agrees on it yet.
> > 
> 
> Right now, Olof is handling the pull requests. I would suggest that he
> can use your branch to replace the current staging branch but still keep
> it in staging until everyone agrees or you replace it with a better version.

Ok, I'll make sure he's added to future emails.

thx,

Jason.
Olof Johansson - March 8, 2012, 5:15 p.m.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
>> The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:
>>
>>   Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)
>>
>> are available in the git repository at:
>>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt
>>
>> ---
>> Arnd,
>>
>> My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
>> outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
>> everyone agrees on it yet.
>>
>
> Right now, Olof is handling the pull requests. I would suggest that he
> can use your branch to replace the current staging branch but still keep
> it in staging until everyone agrees or you replace it with a better version.

Jason,

Looking at the new pull request I see some differences in device
support. For example, the DT conversion of orion-spi and wdt is not in
the new branch.

Is that intentional? If not I'll hold off replacing your branch.


-Olof
Jason - March 8, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 09:15:08AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 March 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
> >> The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:
> >>
> >>   Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Arnd,
> >>
> >> My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
> >> outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
> >> everyone agrees on it yet.
> >>
> >
> > Right now, Olof is handling the pull requests. I would suggest that he
> > can use your branch to replace the current staging branch but still keep
> > it in staging until everyone agrees or you replace it with a better version.
> 
> Jason,
> 
> Looking at the new pull request I see some differences in device
> support. For example, the DT conversion of orion-spi and wdt is not in
> the new branch.
> 
> Is that intentional? If not I'll hold off replacing your branch.

Yes, Andrew Lunn is working on adding common clock support to
plat-orion, which mach-kirkwood depends on.  So, I'm holding off on
changes to drivers which get passed tclk.  Once Andrew's clock code is
up, then I'll add fdt support to it and re-introduce those driver
changes.

clock gating is a separate issue that is further down the road.

Basically, we're trying to avoid merge conflicts.  :-)

The following patches should be fine to merge into stable (for 3.4):

af42511 ARM: orion: spi: remove enable_clock_fix which is not used
d93b2ca ARM: Kirkwood: Remove tclk from kirkwood_asoc_platform_data.
2bb9207 ARM: kirkwood: fdt: use mrvl ticker symbol
ec0ec68 ARM: kirkwood: fdt: absorb kirkwood_init()
...
b5c25c3 ARM: kirkwood: rtc-mv devicetree bindings
5e40593 ARM: kirkwood: use devicetree for rtc-mv
...

I'm still working on the interrupt controller and dma.  orion-ehci,
mv_cesa and sata_mv depend on one or both of those to work.

thx,

Jason.
Olof Johansson - March 8, 2012, 5:53 p.m.
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Jason <jason@lakedaemon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 09:15:08AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:
>> > On Wednesday 07 March 2012, Jason Cooper wrote:
>> >> The following changes since commit d65b4e98d7ea3038b767b70fe8be959b2913f16d:
>> >>
>> >>   Linux 3.3-rc3 (2012-02-08 19:21:53 -0800)
>> >>
>> >> are available in the git repository at:
>> >>   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux-kirkwood.git kirkwood_dt
>> >>
>> >> ---
>> >> Arnd,
>> >>
>> >> My first two should match up with what you have already, the only
>> >> outlier is that Jean-Christophe's patch is needed, but I don't think
>> >> everyone agrees on it yet.
>> >>
>> >
>> > Right now, Olof is handling the pull requests. I would suggest that he
>> > can use your branch to replace the current staging branch but still keep
>> > it in staging until everyone agrees or you replace it with a better version.
>>
>> Jason,
>>
>> Looking at the new pull request I see some differences in device
>> support. For example, the DT conversion of orion-spi and wdt is not in
>> the new branch.
>>
>> Is that intentional? If not I'll hold off replacing your branch.
>
> Yes, Andrew Lunn is working on adding common clock support to
> plat-orion, which mach-kirkwood depends on.  So, I'm holding off on
> changes to drivers which get passed tclk.  Once Andrew's clock code is
> up, then I'll add fdt support to it and re-introduce those driver
> changes.
>
> clock gating is a separate issue that is further down the road.
>
> Basically, we're trying to avoid merge conflicts.  :-)

Ok, great. I'll replace the branch then.

> The following patches should be fine to merge into stable (for 3.4):
>
> af42511 ARM: orion: spi: remove enable_clock_fix which is not used
> d93b2ca ARM: Kirkwood: Remove tclk from kirkwood_asoc_platform_data.
> 2bb9207 ARM: kirkwood: fdt: use mrvl ticker symbol
> ec0ec68 ARM: kirkwood: fdt: absorb kirkwood_init()
> ...
> b5c25c3 ARM: kirkwood: rtc-mv devicetree bindings
> 5e40593 ARM: kirkwood: use devicetree for rtc-mv
> ...

Excellent. Can you build up one or more stable branches that I can
pull those from?

> I'm still working on the interrupt controller and dma.  orion-ehci,
> mv_cesa and sata_mv depend on one or both of those to work.

Cool.


-Olof