Patchwork [GIT,PULL] cs89x0 platform support

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Sascha Hauer
Date Feb. 1, 2012, 3:54 p.m.
Message ID <20120201155404.GW1990@pengutronix.de>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/138954/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0

Comments

Sascha Hauer - Feb. 1, 2012, 3:54 p.m.
On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:09:13PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:44:15PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > Hi Olof,
> > 
> > Please pull the following for next. It contains cs89x0 platform
> > support. David has acked the base patch and is fine with this
> > patch going via the Arm tree.
> > 
> > Sascha
> > 
> > The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:
> > 
> >   Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)
> > 
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0
> > 
> > Jaccon Bastiaansen (4):
> >       CS89x0 : add platform driver support
> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX21ADS board
> >       CS89x0 : remove QQ2440 board support from the CS89x0 driver
> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX31ADS board
> > 
> >  arch/arm/configs/imx_v4_v5_defconfig           |    2 +
> >  arch/arm/configs/mx3_defconfig                 |    2 +
> 
> The mx3_defconfig has been deleted from mainline.  We may need to
> rebase the series to 3.3-rc2.  Otherwise, we will eventually have
> conflict?

Oops, yes. Just did that.

Sascha

The following changes since commit 62aa2b537c6f5957afd98e29f96897419ed5ebab:

  Linux 3.3-rc2 (2012-01-31 13:31:54 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0

Jaccon Bastiaansen (4):
      CS89x0 : add platform driver support
      CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX21ADS board
      CS89x0 : remove QQ2440 board support from the CS89x0 driver
      CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX31ADS board

 arch/arm/configs/imx_v4_v5_defconfig           |    2 +
 arch/arm/configs/imx_v6_v7_defconfig           |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-mx21ads.c               |   16 +++-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-mx31ads.c               |   35 +++++-
 arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/board-mx31ads.h |   33 ------
 drivers/net/Space.c                            |    2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/Kconfig            |   19 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/cs89x0.c           |  148 +++++++++++++++++++----
 8 files changed, 186 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/board-mx31ads.h
Olof Johansson - Feb. 9, 2012, 12:57 a.m.
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:09:13PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:44:15PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:
>> > Hi Olof,
>> >
>> > Please pull the following for next. It contains cs89x0 platform
>> > support. David has acked the base patch and is fine with this
>> > patch going via the Arm tree.
>> >
>> > Sascha
>> >
>> > The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:
>> >
>> >   Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)
>> >
>> > are available in the git repository at:
>> >   git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0
>> >
>> > Jaccon Bastiaansen (4):
>> >       CS89x0 : add platform driver support
>> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX21ADS board
>> >       CS89x0 : remove QQ2440 board support from the CS89x0 driver
>> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX31ADS board
>> >
>> >  arch/arm/configs/imx_v4_v5_defconfig           |    2 +
>> >  arch/arm/configs/mx3_defconfig                 |    2 +
>>
>> The mx3_defconfig has been deleted from mainline.  We may need to
>> rebase the series to 3.3-rc2.  Otherwise, we will eventually have
>> conflict?
>
> Oops, yes. Just did that.
>
> Sascha
>
> The following changes since commit 62aa2b537c6f5957afd98e29f96897419ed5ebab:
>
>  Linux 3.3-rc2 (2012-01-31 13:31:54 -0800)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>  git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0

Hi,

Arnd had some outstanding comments on the ethernet driver, so I will
hold off pulling until that is resolved.


-Olof
Sascha Hauer - Feb. 9, 2012, 7:40 a.m.
On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 04:57:39PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 11:09:13PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> >> On Wed, Feb 01, 2012 at 02:44:15PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> >> > Hi Olof,
> >> >
> >> > Please pull the following for next. It contains cs89x0 platform
> >> > support. David has acked the base patch and is fine with this
> >> > patch going via the Arm tree.
> >> >
> >> > Sascha
> >> >
> >> > The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:
> >> >
> >> >   Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)
> >> >
> >> > are available in the git repository at:
> >> >   git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0
> >> >
> >> > Jaccon Bastiaansen (4):
> >> >       CS89x0 : add platform driver support
> >> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX21ADS board
> >> >       CS89x0 : remove QQ2440 board support from the CS89x0 driver
> >> >       CS89x0 : add CS89x0 platform device to the iMX31ADS board
> >> >
> >> >  arch/arm/configs/imx_v4_v5_defconfig           |    2 +
> >> >  arch/arm/configs/mx3_defconfig                 |    2 +
> >>
> >> The mx3_defconfig has been deleted from mainline.  We may need to
> >> rebase the series to 3.3-rc2.  Otherwise, we will eventually have
> >> conflict?
> >
> > Oops, yes. Just did that.
> >
> > Sascha
> >
> > The following changes since commit 62aa2b537c6f5957afd98e29f96897419ed5ebab:
> >
> >  Linux 3.3-rc2 (2012-01-31 13:31:54 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >  git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git features/cs89x0
> 
> Hi,
> 
> Arnd had some outstanding comments on the ethernet driver, so I will
> hold off pulling until that is resolved.

I think what Arnd made is some suggestions to further clean up the
driver, I don't think that the current patches should depend on doing
more work. This series is a nice cleanup and a solution for a five year
old problem. For the first time we can enable the cs89x0 driver in the
defconfig and thus make ethernet work on some boards.

Sascha
Arnd Bergmann - Feb. 10, 2012, 12:10 a.m.
On Thursday 09 February 2012, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > Arnd had some outstanding comments on the ethernet driver, so I will
> > hold off pulling until that is resolved.
> 
> I think what Arnd made is some suggestions to further clean up the
> driver, I don't think that the current patches should depend on doing
> more work. This series is a nice cleanup and a solution for a five year
> old problem. For the first time we can enable the cs89x0 driver in the
> defconfig and thus make ethernet work on some boards.

Ok, fair enough. Let's apply your series for now then. If I get to
make my io.h cleanup before you or someone else does the changes
necessary to convert the driver to not use inb/outb, it will be broken
again though.

	Arnd
Sascha Hauer - Feb. 13, 2012, 8:28 a.m.
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:10:56AM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 09 February 2012, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > > Arnd had some outstanding comments on the ethernet driver, so I will
> > > hold off pulling until that is resolved.
> > 
> > I think what Arnd made is some suggestions to further clean up the
> > driver, I don't think that the current patches should depend on doing
> > more work. This series is a nice cleanup and a solution for a five year
> > old problem. For the first time we can enable the cs89x0 driver in the
> > defconfig and thus make ethernet work on some boards.
> 
> Ok, fair enough. Let's apply your series for now then. If I get to
> make my io.h cleanup before you or someone else does the changes
> necessary to convert the driver to not use inb/outb, it will be broken
> again though.

That's fine. We can fix it again.

Sascha