Patchwork [GIT,PULL] i.MX fixes for -rc

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Sascha Hauer
Date Jan. 27, 2012, 11:10 a.m.
Message ID <20120127111024.GB5446@pengutronix.de>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/138211/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git imx-fixes

Comments

Sascha Hauer - Jan. 27, 2012, 11:10 a.m.
Hi Olof, Arnd,

Another round of small fixes for -rc, please pull

Sascha

The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:

  Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.pengutronix.de/git/imx/linux-2.6.git imx-fixes

Fabio Estevam (3):
      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 share the same CCM header file
      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 enter in LPM mode in WFI
      ARM: imx_v4_v5_defconfig: Fix the selection of 32 bit flash support for iMX21ADS board

 arch/arm/configs/imx_v4_v5_defconfig               |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-imx/Makefile                         |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/clock-imx31.c                    |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/clock-imx35.c                    |  166 +++++++++-----------
 .../mach-imx/{crmregs-imx31.h => crmregs-imx3.h}   |   16 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/mach-armadillo5x0.c              |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/mm-imx3.c                        |    4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-imx/pm-imx3.c                        |   36 +++++
 arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/common.h            |    8 +
 9 files changed, 142 insertions(+), 97 deletions(-)
 rename arch/arm/mach-imx/{crmregs-imx31.h => crmregs-imx3.h} (93%)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-imx/pm-imx3.c
Olof Johansson - Jan. 29, 2012, 10:32 p.m.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:

> Fabio Estevam (3):
>      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 share the same CCM header file
>      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 enter in LPM mode in WFI
>      ARM: imx_v4_v5_defconfig: Fix the selection of 32 bit flash support for iMX21ADS board

The first two don't seem like fixes to me from a quick glance at them
-- one is a cleanup, the other is a feature. If they are fixes, please
help us out by motivating why they should go in during -rc instead of
in the next merge window. Thanks!


Also, see separate comment on the second patch (replied in that thread).


Regards,

-Olof
Sascha Hauer - Jan. 31, 2012, 8:56 a.m.
On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 02:32:46PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 3:10 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:
> 
> > Fabio Estevam (3):
> >      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 share the same CCM header file
> >      ARM: mx3: Let mx31 and mx35 enter in LPM mode in WFI
> >      ARM: imx_v4_v5_defconfig: Fix the selection of 32 bit flash support for iMX21ADS board
> 
> The first two don't seem like fixes to me from a quick glance at them
> -- one is a cleanup, the other is a feature. If they are fixes, please
> help us out by motivating why they should go in during -rc instead of
> in the next merge window. Thanks!

I understood that the second patch is a bugfix and that it depends on
the first one. Fabio, can you comment on this?

Sascha
Fabio Estevam - Jan. 31, 2012, 10:53 a.m.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:

>
> I understood that the second patch is a bugfix and that it depends on
> the first one. Fabio, can you comment on this?

Yes, this is correct.

The bugfix that my patch addresses is the fact that mx35 is not
entering LPM (low power mode) in WFI.
It is using the same behaviour of mx31 and this is not correct for
mx35 due to the different LPM field.

I saw Olof´s feedback about the patch and will address it soon.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam
Olof Johansson - Feb. 7, 2012, 12:43 a.m.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@pengutronix.de> wrote:
>
>>
>> I understood that the second patch is a bugfix and that it depends on
>> the first one. Fabio, can you comment on this?
>
> Yes, this is correct.
>
> The bugfix that my patch addresses is the fact that mx35 is not
> entering LPM (low power mode) in WFI.
> It is using the same behaviour of mx31 and this is not correct for
> mx35 due to the different LPM field.
>
> I saw Olof´s feedback about the patch and will address it soon.

Just to clarify; is this a fix to functionality that used to work but
is now broken, and if so, what broke it? Having that in the patch
description when reposted is very useful.

Fixes for features that never worked is generally not -rc material.
Sometimes during the first -rcs it could be OK, but not later on in
the release cycle. It should instead be queued up in a
fixes-non-critical type branch for the next merge window instead.


-Olof
Fabio Estevam - Feb. 7, 2012, 12:58 a.m.
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM, Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:

> Just to clarify; is this a fix to functionality that used to work but
> is now broken, and if so, what broke it? Having that in the patch
> description when reposted is very useful.

No, it never worked.

> Fixes for features that never worked is generally not -rc material.
> Sometimes during the first -rcs it could be OK, but not later on in
> the release cycle. It should instead be queued up in a
> fixes-non-critical type branch for the next merge window instead.

Ok, understood. Thanks for the clarification.

I sent a v2 based on your previous feedback.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam