Patchwork [GIT,PULL] Samsung devel for v3.3

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Mark Brown
Date Jan. 9, 2012, 8:26 a.m.
Message ID <20120109082640.GI22134@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/134971/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/misc.git fixes/samsung

Comments

Mark Brown - Jan. 9, 2012, 8:26 a.m.
On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:21:02PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:

> Mark, Kukjin, can either of you split out the fixes in a separate branch?

Here's some of them, there were a few others I'm aware of that depended
on feature updates.  Ideally we'd actually get all the changes that have
been in -next in.

The following changes since commit 5f0a6e2d503896062f641639dacfe5055c2f593b:

  Linux 3.2-rc7 (2011-12-23 21:51:06 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/misc.git fixes/samsung

Mark Brown (5):
      ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx platforms
      ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module on Cragganmore
      ARM: SAMSUNG: Guard against multiple inclusion of plat/dma.h
      ARM: SAMSUNG: dma-ops.h needs mach/dma.h
      ARM: SAMSUNG: Declare struct platform_device in plat/s3c64xx-spi.h

 arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/Kconfig                    |    6 +++---
 arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/include/mach/crag6410.h    |    3 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/mach-crag6410.c            |    2 +-
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/Kconfig                    |    8 ++++++++
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/dma-ops.h     |    1 +
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/dma.h         |    6 +++++-
 arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/s3c64xx-spi.h |    2 ++
 7 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson - Jan. 17, 2012, 6:40 a.m.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Mark Brown
<broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:21:02PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
>
>> Mark, Kukjin, can either of you split out the fixes in a separate branch?
>
> Here's some of them, there were a few others I'm aware of that depended
> on feature updates.  Ideally we'd actually get all the changes that have
> been in -next in.
>
> The following changes since commit 5f0a6e2d503896062f641639dacfe5055c2f593b:
>
>  Linux 3.2-rc7 (2011-12-23 21:51:06 -0800)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/misc.git fixes/samsung
>
> Mark Brown (5):
>      ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx platforms
>      ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module on Cragganmore

The above two don't seem to have been in the branch that was sent by
Kukjin, it had:

      ARM: EXYNOS: Invert VCLK polarity for framebuffer on ORIGEN
      ARM: S3C64XX: Fix interrupt configuration for PCA935x on Cragganmore
      ARM: S3C64XX: Fix the memory mapped GPIOs on Cragganmore
      ARM: S3C64XX: Remove hsmmc1 from Cragganmore
      ARM: S3C64XX: Remove unconditional power domain disables
      ARM: SAMSUNG: Declare struct platform_device in plat/s3c64xx-spi.h
      ARM: SAMSUNG: dma-ops.h needs mach/dma.h
      ARM: SAMSUNG: Guard against multiple inclusion of plat/dma.h

I've pulled the branch from him.

Kukjin, please consider picking up the missing two patches above and
send another pull request with those and any other needed fixes.


-Olof
Kukjin Kim - Jan. 17, 2012, 7:23 a.m.
Olof Johansson wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 
Hi Olof,

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Mark Brown
> <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:21:02PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> >
> >> Mark, Kukjin, can either of you split out the fixes in a separate
> branch?
> >
> > Here's some of them, there were a few others I'm aware of that depended
> > on feature updates.  Ideally we'd actually get all the changes that have
> > been in -next in.
> >
> > The following changes since commit
> 5f0a6e2d503896062f641639dacfe5055c2f593b:
> >
> >  Linux 3.2-rc7 (2011-12-23 21:51:06 -0800)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/misc.git
> fixes/samsung
> >
> > Mark Brown (5):
> >      ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx platforms
> >      ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module on
> Cragganmore
> 
> The above two don't seem to have been in the branch that was sent by
> Kukjin, it had:
> 
>       ARM: EXYNOS: Invert VCLK polarity for framebuffer on ORIGEN
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix interrupt configuration for PCA935x on Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix the memory mapped GPIOs on Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove hsmmc1 from Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove unconditional power domain disables
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Declare struct platform_device in plat/s3c64xx-spi.h
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: dma-ops.h needs mach/dma.h
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Guard against multiple inclusion of plat/dma.h
> 
> I've pulled the branch from him.
> 
No, please drop it because above you said are in mainline now.

- commit 4ff13995("ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx
platforms") 
- commit aaed44e1("ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module
on Cragganmore")

Seems to be merged via arm-soc/next/boards and there was some
mis-communications.
(Refer to the commit 8df97495 ("Merge branch 'samsung/board' into
next/boards"))

Sorry for bothering.

> Kukjin, please consider picking up the missing two patches above and
> send another pull request with those and any other needed fixes.
> 
As I said, please ignore next-samsung-devel-samsung and Mark's
fixes/samsung.
I think, you can go ahead with my previous pull request, samsung-fixes.

If any problems, please let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Olof Johansson - Jan. 17, 2012, 7:24 a.m.
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com> wrote:
> Olof Johansson wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
> Hi Olof,
>
>> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Mark Brown
>> <broonie@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:
>> > On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 05:21:02PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
>> >
>> >> Mark, Kukjin, can either of you split out the fixes in a separate
>> branch?
>> >
>> > Here's some of them, there were a few others I'm aware of that depended
>> > on feature updates.  Ideally we'd actually get all the changes that have
>> > been in -next in.
>> >
>> > The following changes since commit
>> 5f0a6e2d503896062f641639dacfe5055c2f593b:
>> >
>> >  Linux 3.2-rc7 (2011-12-23 21:51:06 -0800)
>> >
>> > are available in the git repository at:
>> >  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/misc.git
>> fixes/samsung
>> >
>> > Mark Brown (5):
>> >      ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx platforms
>> >      ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module on
>> Cragganmore
>>
>> The above two don't seem to have been in the branch that was sent by
>> Kukjin, it had:
>>
>>       ARM: EXYNOS: Invert VCLK polarity for framebuffer on ORIGEN
>>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix interrupt configuration for PCA935x on Cragganmore
>>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix the memory mapped GPIOs on Cragganmore
>>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove hsmmc1 from Cragganmore
>>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove unconditional power domain disables
>>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Declare struct platform_device in plat/s3c64xx-spi.h
>>       ARM: SAMSUNG: dma-ops.h needs mach/dma.h
>>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Guard against multiple inclusion of plat/dma.h
>>
>> I've pulled the branch from him.
>>
> No, please drop it because above you said are in mainline now.
>
> - commit 4ff13995("ARM: SAMSUNG: Fix GPIO space reservation for S3C64xx
> platforms")
> - commit aaed44e1("ARM: S3C64XX: Correct reservation of GPIOs for CPU module
> on Cragganmore")
>
> Seems to be merged via arm-soc/next/boards and there was some
> mis-communications.
> (Refer to the commit 8df97495 ("Merge branch 'samsung/board' into
> next/boards"))
>
> Sorry for bothering.

Ok, no worries, thanks for checking.

>> Kukjin, please consider picking up the missing two patches above and
>> send another pull request with those and any other needed fixes.
>>
> As I said, please ignore next-samsung-devel-samsung and Mark's
> fixes/samsung.
> I think, you can go ahead with my previous pull request, samsung-fixes.

Done, it was in the batch I just sent a request to Linus for.


-Olof
Mark Brown - Jan. 17, 2012, 10:53 a.m.
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:40:17PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:

> The above two don't seem to have been in the branch that was sent by
> Kukjin, it had:

>       ARM: EXYNOS: Invert VCLK polarity for framebuffer on ORIGEN
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix interrupt configuration for PCA935x on Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Fix the memory mapped GPIOs on Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove hsmmc1 from Cragganmore
>       ARM: S3C64XX: Remove unconditional power domain disables
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Declare struct platform_device in plat/s3c64xx-spi.h
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: dma-ops.h needs mach/dma.h
>       ARM: SAMSUNG: Guard against multiple inclusion of plat/dma.h

> I've pulled the branch from him.

I applied all the fixes I was sitting on that were in -next only at the
time I looked; stuff like this is part of the reason why I tend to avoid
topic branches unless they're likely to get merged in multiple places,
too much bookkeeping.