Patchwork [GIT,PULL] Borderline fixes for v3.2-rc6

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Tony Lindgren
Date Dec. 20, 2011, 5:10 p.m.
Message ID <20111220171041.GA24444@atomide.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/132460/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes-hwmod-regression

Comments

Tony Lindgren - Dec. 20, 2011, 5:10 p.m.
* Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111219 20:20]:
> Hi Tony,
> 
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> > Hi Arnd & Olof,
> >
> > Here are two fixes that could potentially go into v3.2 -rc cycle.
> >
> > One fixes a harmless but annoying warning that happens on omap 34xx
> > processors during boot. The other one fixes booting on pretty rare
> > secure mode development board, but that's fixed in "features that
> > never worked earlier either" style.
> >
> > We can surely wait on these fixes, but if you have something going
> > upstream anyways, then these might be worth considering too.
> 
> The hwmod patch is a regression so that one I'll take, the other one
> is a little less obvious that it should go in now. Also, shouldn't it
> be cc:d stable in that case?

Yes let's not worry about the second one, it adds new functionality and
it's for a currently rare case.

> Let me know what you prefer (rebase with a cc: stable) or take out the
> secure mode patch. I'm collecting a small series of fixes so I'll pull
> it in tomorrow for that.

I've branched it out into fixes-hwmod-regression with just that
same commit in it. The second patch in this series will be pulled in
with fixes-non-critical-part2. Updated pull request below.

Regards,

Tony

The following changes since commit e5fe29c7198a1f6616286dfc8602a69da165cb3f:
  Felipe Contreras (1):
        ARM: OMAP: rx51: fix USB

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes-hwmod-regression

Felipe Contreras (1):
      ARM: OMAP: hwmod data: fix iva and mailbox hwmods for OMAP 3

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c |    4 ----
 1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson - Dec. 20, 2011, 6:01 p.m.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> * Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111219 20:20]:
>> Hi Tony,
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Arnd & Olof,
>> >
>> > Here are two fixes that could potentially go into v3.2 -rc cycle.
>> >
>> > One fixes a harmless but annoying warning that happens on omap 34xx
>> > processors during boot. The other one fixes booting on pretty rare
>> > secure mode development board, but that's fixed in "features that
>> > never worked earlier either" style.
>> >
>> > We can surely wait on these fixes, but if you have something going
>> > upstream anyways, then these might be worth considering too.
>>
>> The hwmod patch is a regression so that one I'll take, the other one
>> is a little less obvious that it should go in now. Also, shouldn't it
>> be cc:d stable in that case?
>
> Yes let's not worry about the second one, it adds new functionality and
> it's for a currently rare case.
>
>> Let me know what you prefer (rebase with a cc: stable) or take out the
>> secure mode patch. I'm collecting a small series of fixes so I'll pull
>> it in tomorrow for that.
>
> I've branched it out into fixes-hwmod-regression with just that
> same commit in it. The second patch in this series will be pulled in
> with fixes-non-critical-part2. Updated pull request below.

Thanks, I pulled fixes-hwmod-regression into fixes and fixes-hwmod
into next/fixes-non-critical.


-Olof
Tony Lindgren - Dec. 22, 2011, 5:11 p.m.
Hi Olof,

* Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111220 09:29]:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've branched it out into fixes-hwmod-regression with just that
> > same commit in it. The second patch in this series will be pulled in
> > with fixes-non-critical-part2. Updated pull request below.
> 
> Thanks, I pulled fixes-hwmod-regression into fixes and fixes-hwmod
> into next/fixes-non-critical.

Just checking.. Looks like you pulled fixes-hwmod into a new branch
named fixes-non-critical-part2, but did not pull the same name branch
fixes-non-critical-part2 that I posted?

That's this pull request:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg62050.html

Regards,

Tony
Olof Johansson - Dec. 22, 2011, 5:14 p.m.
On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> Hi Olof,
>
> * Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111220 09:29]:
>> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've branched it out into fixes-hwmod-regression with just that
>> > same commit in it. The second patch in this series will be pulled in
>> > with fixes-non-critical-part2. Updated pull request below.
>>
>> Thanks, I pulled fixes-hwmod-regression into fixes and fixes-hwmod
>> into next/fixes-non-critical.
>
> Just checking.. Looks like you pulled fixes-hwmod into a new branch
> named fixes-non-critical-part2, but did not pull the same name branch
> fixes-non-critical-part2 that I posted?
>
> That's this pull request:
>
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg62050.html

Grmbl, thanks for catching that. I'll sort it out at this end.


-Olof
Tony Lindgren - Dec. 22, 2011, 5:21 p.m.
* Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111222 08:42]:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> > Hi Olof,
> >
> > * Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> [111220 09:29]:
> >> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > I've branched it out into fixes-hwmod-regression with just that
> >> > same commit in it. The second patch in this series will be pulled in
> >> > with fixes-non-critical-part2. Updated pull request below.
> >>
> >> Thanks, I pulled fixes-hwmod-regression into fixes and fixes-hwmod
> >> into next/fixes-non-critical.
> >
> > Just checking.. Looks like you pulled fixes-hwmod into a new branch
> > named fixes-non-critical-part2, but did not pull the same name branch
> > fixes-non-critical-part2 that I posted?
> >
> > That's this pull request:
> >
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg62050.html
> 
> Grmbl, thanks for catching that. I'll sort it out at this end.

OK thanks!

Tony