Patchwork [GIT,PULL] omap fixes for v3.2 merge window breakage

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Tony Lindgren
Date Nov. 7, 2011, 8:49 p.m.
Message ID <20111107204929.GZ31337@atomide.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/124180/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes

Comments

Tony Lindgren - Nov. 7, 2011, 8:49 p.m.
Hi Arnd,

Please pull omap fixes from:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes

This contains the pending fixes I've found in my inbox.
Some of these I would have sent earlier, but was waiting
for the DT branch merge to clear first.

This series fixes all the arch/arm/*omap*/ build warnings finally,
looks like there's one new one for hwspinlock that already has
a fix queued elsewhere.

Some patches also remove some dead code, so ideally these should
get merged early on during the merge cycle. Overall a negative
negative diffstat anyways ;)

Also not that I applied two trivial patches today to fix the
remaining modsplit related build issues.

Regards,

Tony


The following changes since commit 32aaeffbd4a7457bf2f7448b33b5946ff2a960eb:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'modsplit-Oct31_2011' of git://git.kernel.org/.../paulg/linux

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes

Abhilash K V (1):
      ARM: OMAP: AM35x: remove hwmods that aren't generic

Archit Taneja (1):
      ARM: OMAP: ctrl: Fix CONTROL_DSIPHY register fields

Axel Lin (3):
      ARM: OMAP2+: l3-noc: Include linux/module.h
      ARM: OMAP: dmtimer: Include linux/module.h
      ARM: OMAP: omap_device: Include linux/export.h

Balaji T K (2):
      ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: Fix Pbias configuration on regulator OFF
      ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: configure SDMMC1_DR0 properly

Benoit Cousson (2):
      ARM: OMAP2+: clock data: Remove redundant timer clkdev
      ARM: OMAP2+: timer: Remove omap_device_pm_latency

Bjarne Steinsbo (1):
      ARM: OMAP: usb: musb: OMAP: Delete unused function

Charulatha V (1):
      ARM: OMAP3: PM: fix pwrdm_post_transition call sequence

Jarkko Nikula (2):
      MAINTAINERS: Update linux-omap git repository
      ARM: OMAP1: Remove unused omap-alsa.h

Jon Hunter (3):
      ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: use DPLLs recalc function instead of omap2_get_dpll_rate
      ARM: OMAP4: clock: Add missing clock divider for OCP_ABE_ICLK
      ARM: OMAP3+: Update DPLL Fint range for OMAP36xx and OMAP4xxx devices

Laurent Pinchart (1):
      ARM: OMAP: I2C: Fix omap_register_i2c_bus() return value on success

Mike Turquette (3):
      ARM: OMAP4: clock: round_rate and recalc functions for DPLL_ABE
      ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: use DPLL's round_rate when setting rate
      ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: assign clk rate from rounded rate during rate set

Paul Walmsley (4):
      ARM: OMAP4460: Clock: Adding support for 4460 specific clocks
      ARM: OMAP3: PM: fix I/O wakeup and I/O chain clock control detection
      ARM: OMAP3: PM: restrict erratum i443 handling to OMAP3430 only
      ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list

Peter Ujfalusi (1):
      ARM: OMAP2+: devices: Fixes for McPDM

Sanjeev Premi (1):
      ARM: OMAP: Fix errors and warnings when building for one board

Thomas Weber (1):
      ARM: OMAP: Devkit8000: Remove double omap_mux_init_gpio

Tomi Valkeinen (1):
      ARM: OMAP: change get_context_loss_count ret value to int

Tony Lindgren (7):
      Merge branch 'omap_clock_fixes_3.2' of git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 into fixes
      Merge branch 'prcm_scm_misc_fixes_3.2' of git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 into fixes
      Merge branch 'for_3.2/pm-cleanup-2' of git://github.com/khilman/linux-omap-pm into fixes
      ARM: OMAP1: Fix warnings about enabling 32 KiHz timer
      ARM: OMAP2: Fix H4 matrix keyboard warning
      ARM: OMAP: Fix export.h or module.h includes
      Merge branch 'fixes-modulesplit' into fixes

 MAINTAINERS                                        |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap1/board-palmz71.c                |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap1/pm.c                           |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-devkit8000.c             |    1 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-generic.c                |    8 ++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-h4.c                     |  122 +++++++++++---------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clkt_dpll.c                    |   51 ++++++---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock.h                        |    2 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock2420_data.c               |   12 --
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock2430_data.c               |   12 --
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock3xxx_data.c               |   12 --
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock44xx.h                    |    7 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock44xx_data.c               |   43 ++++---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/devices.c                      |   17 +---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/dpll3xxx.c                     |    9 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/dpll44xx.c                     |   69 +++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/dsp.c                          |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/hsmmc.c                        |   16 +--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/id.c                           |    5 +-
 .../include/mach/ctrl_module_pad_core_44xx.h       |    8 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/io.c                           |    6 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c                      |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-iommu.c                   |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c                   |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c         |   17 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_l3_noc.c                  |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm34xx.c                       |   70 ++++++-----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.c                  |   14 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.h                  |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/smartreflex.c                  |    1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c                        |   12 +--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-musb.c                     |   38 ------
 arch/arm/plat-omap/dmtimer.c                       |    1 +
 arch/arm/plat-omap/i2c.c                           |    2 +-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/cpu.h              |   17 ++-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/dmtimer.h          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-alsa.h        |  123 --------------------
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-pm.h          |    4 +-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_device.h      |    2 +-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_hwmod.h       |    2 +-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/omap-pm-noop.c                  |   24 +++-
 arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.c                   |    3 +-
 42 files changed, 345 insertions(+), 402 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-alsa.h
Russell King - ARM Linux - Nov. 7, 2011, 9:29 p.m.
Arnd,

Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.

The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
reference to Paul.

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 12:49:29PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi Arnd,
> 
> Please pull omap fixes from:
> 
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes
> 
> This contains the pending fixes I've found in my inbox.
> Some of these I would have sent earlier, but was waiting
> for the DT branch merge to clear first.
> 
> This series fixes all the arch/arm/*omap*/ build warnings finally,
> looks like there's one new one for hwspinlock that already has
> a fix queued elsewhere.
> 
> Some patches also remove some dead code, so ideally these should
> get merged early on during the merge cycle. Overall a negative
> negative diffstat anyways ;)
> 
> Also not that I applied two trivial patches today to fix the
> remaining modsplit related build issues.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Tony
> 
> 
> The following changes since commit 32aaeffbd4a7457bf2f7448b33b5946ff2a960eb:
>   Linus Torvalds (1):
>         Merge branch 'modsplit-Oct31_2011' of git://git.kernel.org/.../paulg/linux
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap fixes
> 
> Abhilash K V (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: AM35x: remove hwmods that aren't generic
> 
> Archit Taneja (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: ctrl: Fix CONTROL_DSIPHY register fields
> 
> Axel Lin (3):
>       ARM: OMAP2+: l3-noc: Include linux/module.h
>       ARM: OMAP: dmtimer: Include linux/module.h
>       ARM: OMAP: omap_device: Include linux/export.h
> 
> Balaji T K (2):
>       ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: Fix Pbias configuration on regulator OFF
>       ARM: OMAP4: hsmmc: configure SDMMC1_DR0 properly
> 
> Benoit Cousson (2):
>       ARM: OMAP2+: clock data: Remove redundant timer clkdev
>       ARM: OMAP2+: timer: Remove omap_device_pm_latency
> 
> Bjarne Steinsbo (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: usb: musb: OMAP: Delete unused function
> 
> Charulatha V (1):
>       ARM: OMAP3: PM: fix pwrdm_post_transition call sequence
> 
> Jarkko Nikula (2):
>       MAINTAINERS: Update linux-omap git repository
>       ARM: OMAP1: Remove unused omap-alsa.h
> 
> Jon Hunter (3):
>       ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: use DPLLs recalc function instead of omap2_get_dpll_rate
>       ARM: OMAP4: clock: Add missing clock divider for OCP_ABE_ICLK
>       ARM: OMAP3+: Update DPLL Fint range for OMAP36xx and OMAP4xxx devices
> 
> Laurent Pinchart (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: I2C: Fix omap_register_i2c_bus() return value on success
> 
> Mike Turquette (3):
>       ARM: OMAP4: clock: round_rate and recalc functions for DPLL_ABE
>       ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: use DPLL's round_rate when setting rate
>       ARM: OMAP3+: dpll: assign clk rate from rounded rate during rate set
> 
> Paul Walmsley (4):
>       ARM: OMAP4460: Clock: Adding support for 4460 specific clocks
>       ARM: OMAP3: PM: fix I/O wakeup and I/O chain clock control detection
>       ARM: OMAP3: PM: restrict erratum i443 handling to OMAP3430 only
>       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
> 
> Peter Ujfalusi (1):
>       ARM: OMAP2+: devices: Fixes for McPDM
> 
> Sanjeev Premi (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: Fix errors and warnings when building for one board
> 
> Thomas Weber (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: Devkit8000: Remove double omap_mux_init_gpio
> 
> Tomi Valkeinen (1):
>       ARM: OMAP: change get_context_loss_count ret value to int
> 
> Tony Lindgren (7):
>       Merge branch 'omap_clock_fixes_3.2' of git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 into fixes
>       Merge branch 'prcm_scm_misc_fixes_3.2' of git://git.pwsan.com/linux-2.6 into fixes
>       Merge branch 'for_3.2/pm-cleanup-2' of git://github.com/khilman/linux-omap-pm into fixes
>       ARM: OMAP1: Fix warnings about enabling 32 KiHz timer
>       ARM: OMAP2: Fix H4 matrix keyboard warning
>       ARM: OMAP: Fix export.h or module.h includes
>       Merge branch 'fixes-modulesplit' into fixes
> 
>  MAINTAINERS                                        |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap1/board-palmz71.c                |    1 -
>  arch/arm/mach-omap1/pm.c                           |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-devkit8000.c             |    1 -
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-generic.c                |    8 ++
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-h4.c                     |  122 +++++++++++---------
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clkt_dpll.c                    |   51 ++++++---
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock.h                        |    2 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock2420_data.c               |   12 --
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock2430_data.c               |   12 --
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock3xxx_data.c               |   12 --
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock44xx.h                    |    7 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock44xx_data.c               |   43 ++++---
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/devices.c                      |   17 +---
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/dpll3xxx.c                     |    9 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/dpll44xx.c                     |   69 +++++++++++
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/dsp.c                          |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/hsmmc.c                        |   16 +--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/id.c                           |    5 +-
>  .../include/mach/ctrl_module_pad_core_44xx.h       |    8 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/io.c                           |    6 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/mailbox.c                      |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-iommu.c                   |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c                   |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c         |   17 ++-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_l3_noc.c                  |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm34xx.c                       |   70 ++++++-----
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.c                  |   14 ++-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomain.h                  |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/smartreflex.c                  |    1 +
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/timer.c                        |   12 +--
>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-musb.c                     |   38 ------
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/dmtimer.c                       |    1 +
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/i2c.c                           |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/cpu.h              |   17 ++-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/dmtimer.h          |    4 +-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-alsa.h        |  123 --------------------
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-pm.h          |    4 +-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_device.h      |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_hwmod.h       |    2 +-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/omap-pm-noop.c                  |   24 +++-
>  arch/arm/plat-omap/omap_device.c                   |    3 +-
>  42 files changed, 345 insertions(+), 402 deletions(-)
>  delete mode 100644 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap-alsa.h
> 
> _______________________________________________
> linux-arm-kernel mailing list
> linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel
Tony Lindgren - Nov. 7, 2011, 9:47 p.m.
* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 12:54]:
> Arnd,
> 
> Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
> these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
> to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
> fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.
> 
> The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
> reference to Paul.

> >       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list

Sounds like the above patch already queued should fix the issues you
are seeing with hwmod?

Or do you still have other issues you're having?

Tony
Tony Lindgren - Nov. 8, 2011, 12:18 a.m.
* Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> [111107 13:12]:
> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 12:54]:
> > Arnd,
> > 
> > Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
> > these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
> > to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
> > fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.
> > 
> > The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
> > reference to Paul.
> 
> > >       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
> 
> Sounds like the above patch already queued should fix the issues you
> are seeing with hwmod?
> 
> Or do you still have other issues you're having?

Sounds like all Russell's issues are all dealt with:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=132070787220812&w=2

Arnd, if you have not pulled yet, Kevin just posted one more export.h
fix for THIS_MODULE for cpuidle. I'll add that patch into fixes,
and will post a new pull request.

Regards,

Tony
Russell King - ARM Linux - Nov. 8, 2011, 12:42 a.m.
On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 04:18:41PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> [111107 13:12]:
> > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 12:54]:
> > > Arnd,
> > > 
> > > Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
> > > these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
> > > to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
> > > fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.
> > > 
> > > The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
> > > reference to Paul.
> > 
> > > >       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
> > 
> > Sounds like the above patch already queued should fix the issues you
> > are seeing with hwmod?
> > 
> > Or do you still have other issues you're having?
> 
> Sounds like all Russell's issues are all dealt with:
> 
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=132070787220812&w=2
> 
> Arnd, if you have not pulled yet, Kevin just posted one more export.h
> fix for THIS_MODULE for cpuidle. I'll add that patch into fixes,
> and will post a new pull request.

Arnd isn't around much at the moment.

I've forwarded your request to Linus already, so adding to it may not go
down too well.
Russell King - ARM Linux - Nov. 8, 2011, 12:44 a.m.
On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 12:42:14AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 04:18:41PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> [111107 13:12]:
> > > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 12:54]:
> > > > Arnd,
> > > > 
> > > > Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
> > > > these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
> > > > to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
> > > > fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.
> > > > 
> > > > The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
> > > > reference to Paul.
> > > 
> > > > >       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
> > > 
> > > Sounds like the above patch already queued should fix the issues you
> > > are seeing with hwmod?
> > > 
> > > Or do you still have other issues you're having?
> > 
> > Sounds like all Russell's issues are all dealt with:
> > 
> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=132070787220812&w=2
> > 
> > Arnd, if you have not pulled yet, Kevin just posted one more export.h
> > fix for THIS_MODULE for cpuidle. I'll add that patch into fixes,
> > and will post a new pull request.
> 
> Arnd isn't around much at the moment.
> 
> I've forwarded your request to Linus already, so adding to it may not go
> down too well.

For the avoidance of doubt, as you've already updated it leave it as-is.
Tony Lindgren - Nov. 8, 2011, 12:51 a.m.
* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 16:10]:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 12:42:14AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 04:18:41PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Tony Lindgren <tony@atomide.com> [111107 13:12]:
> > > > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@arm.linux.org.uk> [111107 12:54]:
> > > > > Arnd,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Don't pull this - there's yet more crap in OMAP to be fixed before
> > > > > these go to mainline.  OMAP3 is severely broken at the moment with,
> > > > > to put it bluntly, totally fucked up OMAP hwmod code, and should be
> > > > > fixed *now* by folk before this pull request.
> > > > > 
> > > > > The fixes are damned trivial I expect even Tony can fix it without
> > > > > reference to Paul.
> > > > 
> > > > > >       ARM: OMAP3: hwmod: fix variant registration and remove SmartReflex from common list
> > > > 
> > > > Sounds like the above patch already queued should fix the issues you
> > > > are seeing with hwmod?
> > > > 
> > > > Or do you still have other issues you're having?
> > > 
> > > Sounds like all Russell's issues are all dealt with:
> > > 
> > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=132070787220812&w=2
> > > 
> > > Arnd, if you have not pulled yet, Kevin just posted one more export.h
> > > fix for THIS_MODULE for cpuidle. I'll add that patch into fixes,
> > > and will post a new pull request.
> > 
> > Arnd isn't around much at the moment.
> > 
> > I've forwarded your request to Linus already, so adding to it may not go
> > down too well.

OK, well looks like the earlier version got pulled in.
 
> For the avoidance of doubt, as you've already updated it leave it as-is.

Let's leave that for another series then.

Tony