[GIT,PULL] tee subsys fixes for v5.4
mbox series

Message ID 20191107121159.GA9301@jax
State New
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] tee subsys fixes for v5.4
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.linaro.org/people/jens.wiklander/linux-tee.git tags/tee-fixes-for-v5.4

Message

Jens Wiklander Nov. 7, 2019, 12:11 p.m. UTC
Hello arm-soc maintainers,

Please pull these OP-TEE driver fixes. There's one user-after-free issue if
in the error handling path when the OP-TEE driver is initializing. There's
also one fix to to register dynamically allocated shared memory needed by
kernel clients communicating with secure world via memory references.

If you think it's too late for v5.4 please queue it for v5.5 instead.

Thanks,
Jens

The following changes since commit 4f5cafb5cb8471e54afdc9054d973535614f7675:

  Linux 5.4-rc3 (2019-10-13 16:37:36 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.linaro.org/people/jens.wiklander/linux-tee.git tags/tee-fixes-for-v5.4

for you to fetch changes up to 61435a63b15233428088ccb0ad34e19fc00416c9:

  tee: optee: fix device enumeration error handling (2019-11-07 12:07:44 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Two OP-TE driver fixes:
- Add proper cleanup on optee_enumerate_devices() failure
- Make sure to register kernel allocations of dynamic shared memory

----------------------------------------------------------------
Jens Wiklander (1):
      tee: optee: fix device enumeration error handling

Sumit Garg (1):
      tee: optee: Fix dynamic shm pool allocations

 drivers/tee/optee/core.c     | 20 ++++++++++++--------
 drivers/tee/optee/shm_pool.c | 12 +++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

Comments

Jens Wiklander Nov. 7, 2019, 4:16 p.m. UTC | #1
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 01:11:59PM +0100, Jens Wiklander wrote:
> Hello arm-soc maintainers,
> 
> Please pull these OP-TEE driver fixes. There's one user-after-free issue if
> in the error handling path when the OP-TEE driver is initializing. There's
> also one fix to to register dynamically allocated shared memory needed by
> kernel clients communicating with secure world via memory references.
> 
> If you think it's too late for v5.4 please queue it for v5.5 instead.

Please ignore this pull request.

"tee: optee: Fix dynamic shm pool allocations" is not good without other
patches, which are not included here.

Sorry about the mess.

Thanks,
Jens

> 
> Thanks,
> Jens
> 
> The following changes since commit 4f5cafb5cb8471e54afdc9054d973535614f7675:
> 
>   Linux 5.4-rc3 (2019-10-13 16:37:36 -0700)
> 
> are available in the Git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.linaro.org/people/jens.wiklander/linux-tee.git tags/tee-fixes-for-v5.4
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 61435a63b15233428088ccb0ad34e19fc00416c9:
> 
>   tee: optee: fix device enumeration error handling (2019-11-07 12:07:44 +0100)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Two OP-TE driver fixes:
> - Add proper cleanup on optee_enumerate_devices() failure
> - Make sure to register kernel allocations of dynamic shared memory
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Jens Wiklander (1):
>       tee: optee: fix device enumeration error handling
> 
> Sumit Garg (1):
>       tee: optee: Fix dynamic shm pool allocations
> 
>  drivers/tee/optee/core.c     | 20 ++++++++++++--------
>  drivers/tee/optee/shm_pool.c | 12 +++++++++++-
>  2 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)
Olof Johansson Nov. 7, 2019, 6:28 p.m. UTC | #2
On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:16 AM Jens Wiklander <jens.wiklander@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 01:11:59PM +0100, Jens Wiklander wrote:
> > Hello arm-soc maintainers,
> >
> > Please pull these OP-TEE driver fixes. There's one user-after-free issue if
> > in the error handling path when the OP-TEE driver is initializing. There's
> > also one fix to to register dynamically allocated shared memory needed by
> > kernel clients communicating with secure world via memory references.
> >
> > If you think it's too late for v5.4 please queue it for v5.5 instead.
>
> Please ignore this pull request.
>
> "tee: optee: Fix dynamic shm pool allocations" is not good without other
> patches, which are not included here.
>
> Sorry about the mess.

No worries.


-Olof