Patchwork [GIT,PULL] omap fixes for -rc series and merge window

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Tony Lindgren
Date Oct. 3, 2011, 6:52 p.m.
Message ID <20111003185237.GI6324@atomide.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/117490/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git fixes

Comments

Tony Lindgren - Oct. 3, 2011, 6:52 p.m.
Hi Arnd,

Please pull omap fixes from:

git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git fixes

Out of these the first three commits would be nice to get
into the -rc series with the first two causing boot issues
and the musb fixing an ugly warning.

Note however the recent commit message update on the third patch.
I added Bjarne's SOB to the third patch because of the earlier
reference.

The last two are mostly cosmetic and not so urgent.

Regards,

Tony


The following changes since commit a102a9ece5489e1718cd7543aa079082450ac3a2:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 3.1-rc8

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git fixes

Axel Lin (1):
      ARM: OMAP: musb: Remove a redundant omap4430_phy_init call in usb_musb_init

Bjarne Steinsbo (1):
      ARM: OMAP4: Keyboard: Fix section mismatch in the board file

Bryan Buckley (1):
      ARM: OMAP4: MMC: fix power and audio issue, decouple USBC1 from MMC1

Tapani Utriainen (1):
      ARM: OMAP: irq: loop counter fix in omap_init_irq()

Tony Lindgren (1):
      ARM: OMAP: Fix i2c init for twl4030

 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-2430sdp.c |    3 ++-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-4430sdp.c |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/hsmmc.c         |   12 ++++--------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/irq.c           |    4 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-musb.c      |    3 ---
 5 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)
Arnd Bergmann - Oct. 7, 2011, 7:11 p.m.
On Monday 03 October 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Please pull omap fixes from:
> 
> git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git fixes
> 
> Out of these the first three commits would be nice to get
> into the -rc series with the first two causing boot issues
> and the musb fixing an ugly warning.
> 
> Note however the recent commit message update on the third patch.
> I added Bjarne's SOB to the third patch because of the earlier
> reference.
> 
> The last two are mostly cosmetic and not so urgent.

Hi Tony,

I've pulled them all into the fixes branch for now, but I'm not sure
if I still want to send another pull request. If I do, I'll have to
rebase that branch and put some into the next/fixes branch instead
as I already have patches that I don't want to send for 3.1 any
more. Are the patches all fixes against 3.1 only or do some of them
also apply to older releases?

	Arnd
Tony Lindgren - Oct. 7, 2011, 7:20 p.m.
* Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> [111007 11:37]:
> On Monday 03 October 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Please pull omap fixes from:
> > 
> > git://github.com/tmlind/linux.git fixes
> > 
> > Out of these the first three commits would be nice to get
> > into the -rc series with the first two causing boot issues
> > and the musb fixing an ugly warning.
> > 
> > Note however the recent commit message update on the third patch.
> > I added Bjarne's SOB to the third patch because of the earlier
> > reference.
> > 
> > The last two are mostly cosmetic and not so urgent.
> 
> Hi Tony,
> 
> I've pulled them all into the fixes branch for now, but I'm not sure
> if I still want to send another pull request. If I do, I'll have to
> rebase that branch and put some into the next/fixes branch instead
> as I already have patches that I don't want to send for 3.1 any
> more. Are the patches all fixes against 3.1 only or do some of them
> also apply to older releases?

Thanks. Well we can certainly manage if the first three commits did
not make it in during the -rc cycle. But assuming that we had valid
fixes, you could just do something like this too:

$ git checkout -b omap/fixes-for-rc
$ git reset --hard b8e111a74d281b70e88bd67fec48cfda4f9bdce2
...

Then merge all the -rc fixes for various ARM platforms with:

$ git checkout fixes-for-rc
$ git reset --hard v3.1-rc9
$ git merge omap/fixes-for-rc soc foo/fixes-for-rc bar/fixes-for-rc

And then no rebasing is needed. Of course I could also set up
a separate fixes-for-rc for that if you prefrer that :)

Regards,

Tony
Arnd Bergmann - Oct. 7, 2011, 8:12 p.m.
On Friday 07 October 2011, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Then merge all the -rc fixes for various ARM platforms with:
> 
> $ git checkout fixes-for-rc
> $ git reset --hard v3.1-rc9
> $ git merge omap/fixes-for-rc soc foo/fixes-for-rc bar/fixes-for-rc
> 
> And then no rebasing is needed. Of course I could also set up
> a separate fixes-for-rc for that if you prefrer that :)

Right, that works. I normally have a 'fixes' branch for the current
release and a 'next/fixes' branch for stuff that should wait for the
merge window.

Unfortunately, some of the stuff I already merged into 'fixes' turned
out not to be 3.1 material after all. Adding a third branch of course
works, so I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

	Arnd