[GIT,PULL] Please pull my kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1 tag
mbox series

Message ID 20190828232353.GA4485@blackberry
State Accepted
Headers show
Series
  • [GIT,PULL] Please pull my kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1 tag
Related show

Pull-request

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc tags/kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1

Message

Paul Mackerras Aug. 28, 2019, 11:23 p.m. UTC
Paolo or Radim,

Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1 tag to get a PPC KVM
update for 5.4.  There is not a lot this time, mostly minor fixes and
some prep for future patch series, plus a series that fixes a race
condition in the XIVE interrupt controller code where interrupts could
arrive after free_irq() and cause hangs and crashes in the host.

The XIVE fix touches both PPC KVM and generic powerpc code, so Michael
Ellerman put it in his topic/ppc-kvm branch and I have merged that
branch into my kvm-ppc-next branch.

Thanks,
Paul.

The following changes since commit 609488bc979f99f805f34e9a32c1e3b71179d10b:

  Linux 5.3-rc2 (2019-07-28 12:47:02 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc tags/kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1

for you to fetch changes up to ff42df49e75f053a8a6b4c2533100cdcc23afe69:

  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't lose pending doorbell request on migration on P9 (2019-08-27 14:08:22 +1000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
PPC KVM update for 5.4

- Some prep for extending the uses of the rmap array
- Various minor fixes
- Commits from the powerpc topic/ppc-kvm branch, which fix a problem
  with interrupts arriving after free_irq, causing host hangs and crashes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Cédric Le Goater (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: XIVE: Free escalation interrupts before disabling the VP

Fabiano Rosas (1):
      KVM: PPC: Remove leftover comment from emulate_loadstore.c

Mark Cave-Ayland (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix software breakpoints

Paul Mackerras (7):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix race in re-enabling XIVE escalation interrupts
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't push XIVE context when not using XIVE device
      powerpc/xive: Implement get_irqchip_state method for XIVE to fix shutdown race
      Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/powerpc/topic/ppc-kvm' into kvm-ppc-next
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Enable XIVE native capability only if OPAL has required functions
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Check for MMU ready on piggybacked virtual cores
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't lose pending doorbell request on migration on P9

Paul Menzel (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S: Mark expected switch fall-through

Suraj Jitindar Singh (1):
      KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Define usage types for rmap array in guest memslot

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h     | 22 +++++++--
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h      |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/xive.h         |  9 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c               |  8 +--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu.c        |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c            | 24 ++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c     |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S | 38 +++++++++-----
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.c          | 60 +++++++++++++++++++----
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.h          |  2 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive_native.c   | 23 +++++++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c              |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate_loadstore.c    |  6 ---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c              |  3 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/common.c       | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/native.c       |  7 +++
 16 files changed, 223 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

Comments

Paul Mackerras Sept. 6, 2019, 12:04 p.m. UTC | #1
On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 09:23:53AM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Paolo or Radim,
> 
> Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1 tag to get a PPC KVM
> update for 5.4.  There is not a lot this time, mostly minor fixes and
> some prep for future patch series, plus a series that fixes a race
> condition in the XIVE interrupt controller code where interrupts could
> arrive after free_irq() and cause hangs and crashes in the host.
> 
> The XIVE fix touches both PPC KVM and generic powerpc code, so Michael
> Ellerman put it in his topic/ppc-kvm branch and I have merged that
> branch into my kvm-ppc-next branch.

Ping?

> Thanks,
> Paul.
> 
> The following changes since commit 609488bc979f99f805f34e9a32c1e3b71179d10b:
> 
>   Linux 5.3-rc2 (2019-07-28 12:47:02 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/paulus/powerpc tags/kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to ff42df49e75f053a8a6b4c2533100cdcc23afe69:
> 
>   KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't lose pending doorbell request on migration on P9 (2019-08-27 14:08:22 +1000)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> PPC KVM update for 5.4
> 
> - Some prep for extending the uses of the rmap array
> - Various minor fixes
> - Commits from the powerpc topic/ppc-kvm branch, which fix a problem
>   with interrupts arriving after free_irq, causing host hangs and crashes.
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Cédric Le Goater (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: XIVE: Free escalation interrupts before disabling the VP
> 
> Fabiano Rosas (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Remove leftover comment from emulate_loadstore.c
> 
> Mark Cave-Ayland (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S PR: Fix software breakpoints
> 
> Paul Mackerras (7):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Fix race in re-enabling XIVE escalation interrupts
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't push XIVE context when not using XIVE device
>       powerpc/xive: Implement get_irqchip_state method for XIVE to fix shutdown race
>       Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/powerpc/topic/ppc-kvm' into kvm-ppc-next
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Enable XIVE native capability only if OPAL has required functions
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Check for MMU ready on piggybacked virtual cores
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Don't lose pending doorbell request on migration on P9
> 
> Paul Menzel (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S: Mark expected switch fall-through
> 
> Suraj Jitindar Singh (1):
>       KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Define usage types for rmap array in guest memslot
> 
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_host.h     | 22 +++++++--
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h      |  1 +
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/xive.h         |  9 ++++
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s.c               |  8 +--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_32_mmu.c        |  1 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c            | 24 ++++++---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c     |  2 +-
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S | 38 +++++++++-----
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.c          | 60 +++++++++++++++++++----
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive.h          |  2 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_xive_native.c   | 23 +++++++--
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c              |  1 +
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate_loadstore.c    |  6 ---
>  arch/powerpc/kvm/powerpc.c              |  3 +-
>  arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/common.c       | 87 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
>  arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/native.c       |  7 +++
>  16 files changed, 223 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)
Paolo Bonzini Sept. 10, 2019, 2:51 p.m. UTC | #2
On 06/09/19 14:04, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 09:23:53AM +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
>> Paolo or Radim,
>>
>> Please do a pull from my kvm-ppc-next-5.4-1 tag to get a PPC KVM
>> update for 5.4.  There is not a lot this time, mostly minor fixes and
>> some prep for future patch series, plus a series that fixes a race
>> condition in the XIVE interrupt controller code where interrupts could
>> arrive after free_irq() and cause hangs and crashes in the host.
>>
>> The XIVE fix touches both PPC KVM and generic powerpc code, so Michael
>> Ellerman put it in his topic/ppc-kvm branch and I have merged that
>> branch into my kvm-ppc-next branch.
> 
> Ping?

/me emerges from a pile of unread email

Pulled, thanks!

Paolo