Patchwork [GIT,PULL] DaVinci fixes for v3.1-rc6

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Sekhar Nori
Date Sept. 7, 2011, 12:13 p.m.
Message ID <B85A65D85D7EB246BE421B3FB0FBB593025743E832@dbde02.ent.ti.com>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/113751/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://gitorious.org/linux-davinci/linux-davinci.git fixes

Comments

Sekhar Nori - Sept. 7, 2011, 12:13 p.m.
Hi Arnd,

Can you please pull the following fixes for v3.1-rc6?

These are not regression fixes in the strict sense since
none of the bugs were actually introduced in v3.1 and have
been around for a while. But I hope we don't have to wait
till v3.2 for these.

Thanks,
Sekhar 

The following changes since commit ddf28352b80c86754a6424e3a61e8bdf9213b3c7:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Linux 3.1-rc5

are available in the git repository at:

  git://gitorious.org/linux-davinci/linux-davinci.git fixes

Linus Walleij (1):
      ARM: davinci: fix cache flush build error

Rajashekhara, Sudhakar (1):
      ARM: davinci: da850 EVM: read mac address from SPI flash

Sergei Shtylyov (1):
      ARM: davinci: correct MDSTAT_STATE_MASK

 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-da850-evm.c  |   28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/psc.h |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/sleep.S            |    6 +++++-
 3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
Karicheri, Muralidharan - Sept. 7, 2011, 3:43 p.m.
Sekhar

We ran into the build error when we started using linux-davinci tree for V7 architecture. So this fix for the following to be re-worked to include V7 as well.

>> Linus Walleij (1):
>>       ARM: davinci: fix cache flush build error
Murali Karicheri
Software Design Engineer
email: m-karicheri2@ti.com
Phone: (301) 407 9583


>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: davinci-linux-open-source-bounces@linux.davincidsp.com
>> [mailto:davinci-linux-open-source-bounces@linux.davincidsp.com] On Behalf
>> Of Nori, Sekhar
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:13 AM
>> To: Arnd Bergmann
>> Cc: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com; linux-arm-
>> kernel@lists.infradead.org
>> Subject: [GIT PULL] DaVinci fixes for v3.1-rc6
>> 
>> Hi Arnd,
>> 
>> Can you please pull the following fixes for v3.1-rc6?
>> 
>> These are not regression fixes in the strict sense since
>> none of the bugs were actually introduced in v3.1 and have
>> been around for a while. But I hope we don't have to wait
>> till v3.2 for these.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Sekhar
>> 
>> The following changes since commit
>> ddf28352b80c86754a6424e3a61e8bdf9213b3c7:
>>   Linus Torvalds (1):
>>         Linux 3.1-rc5
>> 
>> are available in the git repository at:
>> 
>>   git://gitorious.org/linux-davinci/linux-davinci.git fixes
>> 
>> Linus Walleij (1):
>>       ARM: davinci: fix cache flush build error
>> 
>> Rajashekhara, Sudhakar (1):
>>       ARM: davinci: da850 EVM: read mac address from SPI flash
>> 
>> Sergei Shtylyov (1):
>>       ARM: davinci: correct MDSTAT_STATE_MASK
>> 
>>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-da850-evm.c  |   28
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/psc.h |    2 +-
>>  arch/arm/mach-davinci/sleep.S            |    6 +++++-
>>  3 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
>> _______________________________________________
>> Davinci-linux-open-source mailing list
>> Davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com
>> http://linux.davincidsp.com/mailman/listinfo/davinci-linux-open-source
Sekhar Nori - Sept. 8, 2011, 7:04 a.m.
Hi Murali,

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 21:13:19, Karicheri, Muralidharan wrote:
> Sekhar
> 
> We ran into the build error when we started using linux-davinci tree for V7 architecture. So this fix for the following to be re-worked to include V7 as well.
> 

Since we don't support v7 in DaVinci currently, I don't
want to hold a build break fix in anticipation of a new
feature that will come in later.
 
Thanks,
Sekhar
Karicheri, Muralidharan - Sept. 8, 2011, 1:17 p.m.
Sekhar,

Ok.

Murali Karicheri
Software Design Engineer
email: m-karicheri2@ti.com
Phone: (301) 407 9583


>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Nori, Sekhar
>> Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:05 AM
>> To: Karicheri, Muralidharan; Arnd Bergmann
>> Cc: davinci-linux-open-source@linux.davincidsp.com; linux-arm-
>> kernel@lists.infradead.org; Chemparathy, Cyril
>> Subject: RE: [GIT PULL] DaVinci fixes for v3.1-rc6
>> 
>> Hi Murali,
>> 
>> On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 21:13:19, Karicheri, Muralidharan wrote:
>> > Sekhar
>> >
>> > We ran into the build error when we started using linux-davinci tree for
>> V7 architecture. So this fix for the following to be re-worked to include
>> V7 as well.
>> >
>> 
>> Since we don't support v7 in DaVinci currently, I don't
>> want to hold a build break fix in anticipation of a new
>> feature that will come in later.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Sekhar
Arnd Bergmann - Sept. 10, 2011, 9:22 p.m.
On Wednesday 07 September 2011, Nori, Sekhar wrote:
> Can you please pull the following fixes for v3.1-rc6?
> 
> These are not regression fixes in the strict sense since
> none of the bugs were actually introduced in v3.1 and have
> been around for a while. But I hope we don't have to wait
> till v3.2 for these.
> 

Ok, pulled into the fixes branch for 3.2 now. I've finally
decided to move the arm-soc tree to git.linaro.org while waiting
for master.kernel.org to come back.

Thanks,

	Arnd