Patchwork AT91: Fix pull requset

login
register
mail settings
Submitter Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
Date July 1, 2011, 6:54 a.m.
Message ID <20110701065411.GD14408@game.jcrosoft.org>
Download mbox
Permalink /patch/102874/
State New
Headers show

Pull-request

git://github.com/at91linux/linux-2.6-at91.git at91-next

Comments

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD - July 1, 2011, 6:54 a.m.
HI Linus, Russell, Arnd

	I do not known who can take this pull request

	But this is some fix for at91 for the 3.0

The following changes since commit 5220cc9382e11ca955ce946ee6a5bac577bb14ff:

  Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block (2011-06-24 08:42:35 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://github.com/at91linux/linux-2.6-at91.git at91-next

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD (3):
      at91: fix at91_set_serial_console: use platform device id
      atmel_serial: fix internal port num
      at91: fix udc, ehci and mmc clock device name for cap9/9g45/9rl

Joachim Eastwood (1):
      at91: Use "pclk" as con_id on at91cap9 and at91rm9200

 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9.c            |    8 ++++----
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91cap9_devices.c    |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200.c          |    6 +++---
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91rm9200_devices.c  |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9260_devices.c |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9261_devices.c |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9263_devices.c |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45.c         |   10 +++++-----
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45_devices.c |    2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl.c          |    4 ++--
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl_devices.c  |    2 +-
 drivers/tty/serial/atmel_serial.c        |    3 ++-
 12 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

Best Regards,
J.
Arnd Bergmann - July 1, 2011, 3:09 p.m.
On Friday 01 July 2011, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> HI Linus, Russell, Arnd
> 
> 	I do not known who can take this pull request
> 
> 	But this is some fix for at91 for the 3.0

I can take and forward these next week, possibly together with other bug
fixes that come in for soc trees.

One comment though:

> Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD (3):
>       at91: fix at91_set_serial_console: use platform device id
>       atmel_serial: fix internal port num

These two patches look like they should apply to older kernels as well:
The code you change has been in the kernel since 2006.

For every bug fix you commit, please check if it applies to older
kernels as well, and mark with 'Cc: stable@kernel.org' if so. Do you
want to update the changelog and send another pull request?

	Arnd
Uwe Kleine-König - July 1, 2011, 6:33 p.m.
On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 05:09:40PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2011, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> > HI Linus, Russell, Arnd
> For every bug fix you commit, please check if it applies to older
> kernels as well, and mark with 'Cc: stable@kernel.org' if so. Do you
> want to update the changelog and send another pull request?
Or alternatively (i.e. if you don't want to rewrite your tree) just
writing to stable@kernel.org and indicating the upstream commit ids is
usually OK, too.
The other extreme is to point out the affected versions, e.g. by using 

	Cc: stable@kernel.org [2.6.xy+]

Best regards
Uwe
Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD - July 3, 2011, 2:31 a.m.
On 20:33 Fri 01 Jul     , Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 05:09:40PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Friday 01 July 2011, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> > > HI Linus, Russell, Arnd
> > For every bug fix you commit, please check if it applies to older
> > kernels as well, and mark with 'Cc: stable@kernel.org' if so. Do you
> > want to update the changelog and send another pull request?
> Or alternatively (i.e. if you don't want to rewrite your tree) just
> writing to stable@kernel.org and indicating the upstream commit ids is
> usually OK, too.
> The other extreme is to point out the affected versions, e.g. by using 
> 
> 	Cc: stable@kernel.org [2.6.xy+]

I known and will have done if needed but those fixes are for this release only

Best Regards,
J.