[GIT,PULL,0/3] arm64: tegra: Updates for v4.20-rc2
mbox series

Message ID 20181107145350.29127-1-thierry.reding@gmail.com
Headers show
Series
  • arm64: tegra: Updates for v4.20-rc2
Related show

Message

Thierry Reding Nov. 7, 2018, 2:53 p.m. UTC
Hi ARM SoC maintainers,

These pull requests are some follow-up changes to finally enable the
generic power domains for the Tegra XUSB block. This builds on top of
changes that were merged into v4.20-rc1, but because of some non-
trivial runtime dependencies I decided to hold back on these until
after the dust had settled.

Do you think it would be possible to merge these in for v4.20-rc2? I
realize that they are not actually fixes, but they merely add a couple
of lines to enable the power domains for XUSB as well as the
corresponding DT bindings.

Thanks,
Thierry

Comments

Olof Johansson Nov. 7, 2018, 4:31 p.m. UTC | #1
Hi Thierry,

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
>
> These pull requests are some follow-up changes to finally enable the
> generic power domains for the Tegra XUSB block. This builds on top of
> changes that were merged into v4.20-rc1, but because of some non-
> trivial runtime dependencies I decided to hold back on these until
> after the dust had settled.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to merge these in for v4.20-rc2? I
> realize that they are not actually fixes, but they merely add a couple
> of lines to enable the power domains for XUSB as well as the
> corresponding DT bindings.

Is anything broken without these changes, or is it more that the
dependency have landed and you're itching to get things enabled?

If it's the former we should chat (since it's an unfortunate
situation). If it's the latter I'm happy to queue them up for the next
merge window.


-Olof
Thierry Reding Nov. 8, 2018, 12:16 p.m. UTC | #2
On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 08:31:55AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
> 
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> >
> > These pull requests are some follow-up changes to finally enable the
> > generic power domains for the Tegra XUSB block. This builds on top of
> > changes that were merged into v4.20-rc1, but because of some non-
> > trivial runtime dependencies I decided to hold back on these until
> > after the dust had settled.
> >
> > Do you think it would be possible to merge these in for v4.20-rc2? I
> > realize that they are not actually fixes, but they merely add a couple
> > of lines to enable the power domains for XUSB as well as the
> > corresponding DT bindings.
> 
> Is anything broken without these changes, or is it more that the
> dependency have landed and you're itching to get things enabled?
> 
> If it's the former we should chat (since it's an unfortunate
> situation). If it's the latter I'm happy to queue them up for the next
> merge window.

Nothing's broken without these changes, but I figured that these two
dozen lines could still make it into v4.20. I know that this has
occasionally been done in the past for very small enablement patches
if they were small enough. I could've communicated this a little
earlier, so that this wouldn't have come as a bit of a surprise.

If you prefer to defer this to v4.21 that's totally fine. I can queue
them up in my tree for the next merge window, no need for you to pick
this up in pieces.

Thierry
Olof Johansson Nov. 13, 2018, 7:29 p.m. UTC | #3
On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 01:16:27PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 08:31:55AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> > Hi Thierry,
> > 
> > On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi ARM SoC maintainers,
> > >
> > > These pull requests are some follow-up changes to finally enable the
> > > generic power domains for the Tegra XUSB block. This builds on top of
> > > changes that were merged into v4.20-rc1, but because of some non-
> > > trivial runtime dependencies I decided to hold back on these until
> > > after the dust had settled.
> > >
> > > Do you think it would be possible to merge these in for v4.20-rc2? I
> > > realize that they are not actually fixes, but they merely add a couple
> > > of lines to enable the power domains for XUSB as well as the
> > > corresponding DT bindings.
> > 
> > Is anything broken without these changes, or is it more that the
> > dependency have landed and you're itching to get things enabled?
> > 
> > If it's the former we should chat (since it's an unfortunate
> > situation). If it's the latter I'm happy to queue them up for the next
> > merge window.
> 
> Nothing's broken without these changes, but I figured that these two
> dozen lines could still make it into v4.20. I know that this has
> occasionally been done in the past for very small enablement patches
> if they were small enough. I could've communicated this a little
> earlier, so that this wouldn't have come as a bit of a surprise.
> 
> If you prefer to defer this to v4.21 that's totally fine. I can queue
> them up in my tree for the next merge window, no need for you to pick
> this up in pieces.

Ok, let's queue them for 4.21 at this point. Thanks!


-Olof