[v3,0/6] mmc: tmio: refactor TMIO core a bit and add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller support
mbox series

Message ID 1534999460-15111-1-git-send-email-yamada.masahiro@socionext.com
Headers show
Series
  • mmc: tmio: refactor TMIO core a bit and add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller support
Related show

Message

Masahiro Yamada Aug. 23, 2018, 4:44 a.m. UTC
Add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller support.

As a preparation, I changed tmio_mmc_set_clock() to a platform hook.
The clock rate setting is platform-specific, and UniPhier variants
will add another way.  I thought it would be better to split this
to a hook to avoid a mess.

V3 is rebase on top of Linus' tree.

I dropped 6/7 because Renesas added more quirks
in the current MW.


Masahiro Yamada (6):
  mmc: tmio: replace tmio_mmc_clk_stop() calls with tmio_mmc_set_clock()
  mmc: tmio: move tmio_mmc_set_clock() to platform hook
  dt-bindings: mmc: add DT binding for UniPhier SD/eMMC controller
  mmc: uniphier-sd: add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller driver
  mmc: renesas_sdhi: merge clk_{start,stop} functions to set_clock
  mmc: tmio: refactor CLK_CTL bit calculation

 .../devicetree/bindings/mmc/uniphier-sd.txt        |  55 ++
 MAINTAINERS                                        |   1 +
 drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig                           |  10 +
 drivers/mmc/host/Makefile                          |   1 +
 drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c               |  48 +-
 drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c                        |  56 ++
 drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.h                        |   4 +-
 drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc_core.c                   |  92 +--
 drivers/mmc/host/uniphier-sd.c                     | 693 +++++++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 871 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/uniphier-sd.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/uniphier-sd.c

Comments

Ulf Hansson Aug. 23, 2018, 10:43 a.m. UTC | #1
On 23 August 2018 at 06:44, Masahiro Yamada
<yamada.masahiro@socionext.com> wrote:
>
> Add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller support.
>
> As a preparation, I changed tmio_mmc_set_clock() to a platform hook.
> The clock rate setting is platform-specific, and UniPhier variants
> will add another way.  I thought it would be better to split this
> to a hook to avoid a mess.
>
> V3 is rebase on top of Linus' tree.

I have queued patch 1 -> 4, waiting for further reviews for patch 5 and 6.

One minor comment of patch 4, see separate email.

Kind regards
Uffe

>
> I dropped 6/7 because Renesas added more quirks
> in the current MW.
>
>
> Masahiro Yamada (6):
>   mmc: tmio: replace tmio_mmc_clk_stop() calls with tmio_mmc_set_clock()
>   mmc: tmio: move tmio_mmc_set_clock() to platform hook
>   dt-bindings: mmc: add DT binding for UniPhier SD/eMMC controller
>   mmc: uniphier-sd: add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller driver
>   mmc: renesas_sdhi: merge clk_{start,stop} functions to set_clock
>   mmc: tmio: refactor CLK_CTL bit calculation
>
>  .../devicetree/bindings/mmc/uniphier-sd.txt        |  55 ++
>  MAINTAINERS                                        |   1 +
>  drivers/mmc/host/Kconfig                           |  10 +
>  drivers/mmc/host/Makefile                          |   1 +
>  drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c               |  48 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.c                        |  56 ++
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc.h                        |   4 +-
>  drivers/mmc/host/tmio_mmc_core.c                   |  92 +--
>  drivers/mmc/host/uniphier-sd.c                     | 693 +++++++++++++++++++++
>  9 files changed, 871 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/uniphier-sd.txt
>  create mode 100644 drivers/mmc/host/uniphier-sd.c
>
> --
> 2.7.4
>
Wolfram Sang Aug. 29, 2018, 8:27 a.m. UTC | #2
On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 12:43:31PM +0200, Ulf Hansson wrote:
> On 23 August 2018 at 06:44, Masahiro Yamada
> <yamada.masahiro@socionext.com> wrote:
> >
> > Add UniPhier SD/eMMC controller support.
> >
> > As a preparation, I changed tmio_mmc_set_clock() to a platform hook.
> > The clock rate setting is platform-specific, and UniPhier variants
> > will add another way.  I thought it would be better to split this
> > to a hook to avoid a mess.
> >
> > V3 is rebase on top of Linus' tree.
> 
> I have queued patch 1 -> 4, waiting for further reviews for patch 5 and 6.

I have re-tested patches 1-4 as applied to mmc/next and it all works
fine. For those

Tested-by: Wolfram Sang <wsa+renesas@sang-engineering.com>

Now, going to check patches 5+6...

> > I dropped 6/7 because Renesas added more quirks
> > in the current MW.

Totally fine. We need to cleanup HS400 support more, then we can try the
simplification you did for tmio_mmc.c, too. Thanks!