[linux,dev-5.4,v2,0/3] aspeed-g6: enable usb support
mbox series

Message ID 20200123074956.21482-1-rentao.bupt@gmail.com
Headers show
Series
  • aspeed-g6: enable usb support
Related show

Message

Tao Ren Jan. 23, 2020, 7:49 a.m. UTC
From: Tao Ren <rentao.bupt@gmail.com>

The patch series aims at enabling USB Host and Gadget support on AST2600
platforms. I'm targeting openbmc tree mainly for some early feedback and
more widespread testing. I'm planning to upstream the patches after
5.6-rc1.

Patch #1 moves hardcoded vhub attributes (number of downstream ports and
endpoints) to "struct ast_hub_config" which is then attached to "struct
of_device_id". By doing this, it will be easier to enable ast2600 vhub
which supports more ports and endpoints.

Patch #2 enables AST2600 support in aspeed-vhub gadget driver.

Patch #3 adds USB devices and according pin groups in aspeed-g6 dtsi.

Tao Ren (3):
  usb: gadget: aspeed: read vhub config from of_device_id
  usb: gadget: aspeed: add ast2600 vhub support
  ARM: dts: aspeed-g6: add usb functions

 arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6-pinctrl.dtsi   |  25 +++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6.dtsi           |  43 ++++++++
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/Kconfig |   4 +-
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/core.c  | 108 ++++++++++++++-------
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/dev.c   |  30 ++++--
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/epn.c   |   4 +-
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/hub.c   |  22 +++--
 drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/vhub.h  |  21 ++--
 8 files changed, 185 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)

Comments

Joel Stanley Jan. 31, 2020, 4 a.m. UTC | #1
On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 07:50, <rentao.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From: Tao Ren <rentao.bupt@gmail.com>
>
> The patch series aims at enabling USB Host and Gadget support on AST2600
> platforms. I'm targeting openbmc tree mainly for some early feedback and
> more widespread testing. I'm planning to upstream the patches after
> 5.6-rc1.
>
> Patch #1 moves hardcoded vhub attributes (number of downstream ports and
> endpoints) to "struct ast_hub_config" which is then attached to "struct
> of_device_id". By doing this, it will be easier to enable ast2600 vhub
> which supports more ports and endpoints.
>
> Patch #2 enables AST2600 support in aspeed-vhub gadget driver.
>
> Patch #3 adds USB devices and according pin groups in aspeed-g6 dtsi.

I have put these in the openbmc tree. Please send the changes upstream
for review asap (I would do it now) so we can get Ben's feedback on
them.

Cheers,

Joel

>
> Tao Ren (3):
>   usb: gadget: aspeed: read vhub config from of_device_id
>   usb: gadget: aspeed: add ast2600 vhub support
>   ARM: dts: aspeed-g6: add usb functions
>
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6-pinctrl.dtsi   |  25 +++++
>  arch/arm/boot/dts/aspeed-g6.dtsi           |  43 ++++++++
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/Kconfig |   4 +-
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/core.c  | 108 ++++++++++++++-------
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/dev.c   |  30 ++++--
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/epn.c   |   4 +-
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/hub.c   |  22 +++--
>  drivers/usb/gadget/udc/aspeed-vhub/vhub.h  |  21 ++--
>  8 files changed, 185 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)
>
> --
> 2.17.1
>
Tao Ren Jan. 31, 2020, 10:36 p.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 04:00:29AM +0000, Joel Stanley wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 at 07:50, <rentao.bupt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > From: Tao Ren <rentao.bupt@gmail.com>
> >
> > The patch series aims at enabling USB Host and Gadget support on AST2600
> > platforms. I'm targeting openbmc tree mainly for some early feedback and
> > more widespread testing. I'm planning to upstream the patches after
> > 5.6-rc1.
> >
> > Patch #1 moves hardcoded vhub attributes (number of downstream ports and
> > endpoints) to "struct ast_hub_config" which is then attached to "struct
> > of_device_id". By doing this, it will be easier to enable ast2600 vhub
> > which supports more ports and endpoints.
> >
> > Patch #2 enables AST2600 support in aspeed-vhub gadget driver.
> >
> > Patch #3 adds USB devices and according pin groups in aspeed-g6 dtsi.
> 
> I have put these in the openbmc tree. Please send the changes upstream
> for review asap (I would do it now) so we can get Ben's feedback on
> them.
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Joel

Thanks Joel. I've already sent the patch series to upstream.


Cheers,

Tao