[v5,0/5] RISC-V: Add gdb xml files and gdbstub support
mbox series

Message ID 1552645619-18244-1-git-send-email-chihmin.chao@sifive.com
Headers show
Series
  • RISC-V: Add gdb xml files and gdbstub support
Related show

Message

Chih-Min Chao March 15, 2019, 10:26 a.m. UTC
This is the 5th version of the patch set, based on the Jim's previous work,
     http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-riscv/2019-02/msg00059.html

    v4 -> v5:
       - rebase 7074ab1
       - update the register xml files to gdb 8.3 
       - refine the fpu control registers, fflags/frm/fcsr index calculation
       - fix the csr offset calculcation because of tne regnum field in fpu
         xml file introducing one useless number

Jim Wilson (5):
  RISC-V: Add 32-bit gdb xml files.
  RISC-V: Add 64-bit gdb xml files.
  RISC-V: Fixes to CSR_* register macros.
  RISC-V: Add debug support for accessing CSRs.
  RISC-V: Add hooks to use the gdb xml files.

 configure                   |   2 +
 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml |  50 +++++++
 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml |  56 +++++++
 target/riscv/cpu.c          |   9 +-
 target/riscv/cpu.h          |   7 +
 target/riscv/cpu_bits.h     |  35 ++++-
 target/riscv/csr.c          |  32 +++-
 target/riscv/gdbstub.c      | 350 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 12 files changed, 1114 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml
 create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml

Comments

Alistair Francis March 15, 2019, 6:33 p.m. UTC | #1
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 6:45 AM Chih-Min Chao <chihmin.chao@sifive.com> wrote:
>
> This is the 5th version of the patch set, based on the Jim's previous work,
>      http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-riscv/2019-02/msg00059.html
>
>     v4 -> v5:
>        - rebase 7074ab1
>        - update the register xml files to gdb 8.3
>        - refine the fpu control registers, fflags/frm/fcsr index calculation
>        - fix the csr offset calculcation because of tne regnum field in fpu
>          xml file introducing one useless number

Hey Chih-Min,

I thought this was merged into master, but apparently that never
happened. Thanks for bringing this up again.

Thanks for the corrections on top of the v4. For future reference if
the changes are very minor you can probably keep the reviewed tags.

I have reviewed the changes and this should be ready to go. I have
added Palmer so hopefully he can add this to a PR to get it in for
4.0.

Alistair

>
> Jim Wilson (5):
>   RISC-V: Add 32-bit gdb xml files.
>   RISC-V: Add 64-bit gdb xml files.
>   RISC-V: Fixes to CSR_* register macros.
>   RISC-V: Add debug support for accessing CSRs.
>   RISC-V: Add hooks to use the gdb xml files.
>
>  configure                   |   2 +
>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml |  50 +++++++
>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml |  56 +++++++
>  target/riscv/cpu.c          |   9 +-
>  target/riscv/cpu.h          |   7 +
>  target/riscv/cpu_bits.h     |  35 ++++-
>  target/riscv/csr.c          |  32 +++-
>  target/riscv/gdbstub.c      | 350 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  12 files changed, 1114 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml
>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml
>
> --
> 2.7.4
>
>
Palmer Dabbelt March 19, 2019, 11:45 a.m. UTC | #2
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 11:33:09 PDT (-0700), alistair23@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 6:45 AM Chih-Min Chao <chihmin.chao@sifive.com> wrote:
>>
>> This is the 5th version of the patch set, based on the Jim's previous work,
>>      http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-riscv/2019-02/msg00059.html
>>
>>     v4 -> v5:
>>        - rebase 7074ab1
>>        - update the register xml files to gdb 8.3
>>        - refine the fpu control registers, fflags/frm/fcsr index calculation
>>        - fix the csr offset calculcation because of tne regnum field in fpu
>>          xml file introducing one useless number
>
> Hey Chih-Min,
>
> I thought this was merged into master, but apparently that never
> happened. Thanks for bringing this up again.
>
> Thanks for the corrections on top of the v4. For future reference if
> the changes are very minor you can probably keep the reviewed tags.
>
> I have reviewed the changes and this should be ready to go. I have
> added Palmer so hopefully he can add this to a PR to get it in for
> 4.0.

Thanks.

This is another one that got queued up behind the decode tree stuff.  I'd call 
this a new feature, but give that it's been on the list and reviewed I'm not 
sure if it's OK for master right now.

Peter: is this too much of a change for post-rc0?  If possible I'd like it in, 
as it's pretty self-contained and enables a meaningful use case.

>
> Alistair
>
>>
>> Jim Wilson (5):
>>   RISC-V: Add 32-bit gdb xml files.
>>   RISC-V: Add 64-bit gdb xml files.
>>   RISC-V: Fixes to CSR_* register macros.
>>   RISC-V: Add debug support for accessing CSRs.
>>   RISC-V: Add hooks to use the gdb xml files.
>>
>>  configure                   |   2 +
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml |  50 +++++++
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml |  47 ++++++
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml | 250 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml |  56 +++++++
>>  target/riscv/cpu.c          |   9 +-
>>  target/riscv/cpu.h          |   7 +
>>  target/riscv/cpu_bits.h     |  35 ++++-
>>  target/riscv/csr.c          |  32 +++-
>>  target/riscv/gdbstub.c      | 350 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>>  12 files changed, 1114 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-cpu.xml
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-csr.xml
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-32bit-fpu.xml
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-cpu.xml
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-csr.xml
>>  create mode 100644 gdb-xml/riscv-64bit-fpu.xml
>>
>> --
>> 2.7.4
>>
>>
Peter Maydell March 19, 2019, 11:55 a.m. UTC | #3
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 11:45, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:
> This is another one that got queued up behind the decode tree stuff.  I'd call
> this a new feature, but give that it's been on the list and reviewed I'm not
> sure if it's OK for master right now.
>
> Peter: is this too much of a change for post-rc0?  If possible I'd like it in,
> as it's pretty self-contained and enables a meaningful use case.

Yes, I think it's ok to go in. (If you send a pullreq for it in the next
3 hours or so then it'll actually get in before rc0 ;-))

-- PMM
Palmer Dabbelt March 19, 2019, noon UTC | #4
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 04:55:18 PDT (-0700), Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 at 11:45, Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:
>> This is another one that got queued up behind the decode tree stuff.  I'd call
>> this a new feature, but give that it's been on the list and reviewed I'm not
>> sure if it's OK for master right now.
>>
>> Peter: is this too much of a change for post-rc0?  If possible I'd like it in,
>> as it's pretty self-contained and enables a meaningful use case.
>
> Yes, I think it's ok to go in. (If you send a pullreq for it in the next
> 3 hours or so then it'll actually get in before rc0 ;-))

Oh, good timing -- I was just about to head out.